R.I.P CHUCK

_Brutalism_

May 14, 2008
Just wanted to pay my respects and remind everyone that today 7 years ago, a legend in the metal world passed away leaving behind masterpieces in his name which have influenced us all.

R.I.P Chuck, gone but never forgotten. :kickass:

RIP

the sound of perserverance is, in my opinion, one of the best albums ever recorded. makes me wonder what else was still to come from him...

I cant say that im even a little bit influenced by him, but R.I.P. Chuck!

I cant say that im even a little bit influenced by him, but R.I.P. Chuck!

How come dude? Well, I'm sure most of the bands you like were influenced by him so its a chain really hehe.

RIP Chuck.

In 2003 while looking to join my first band I met a few guys who had a deathmetal side project going. As to not make a tool of myself on the first jam session, I learned most of the Symbolic album to get my chops up to par.
That project quickly turned into a real band and is still going strong. :)

Since then, every year on December 13th I pull out my old Jackson Warrior (my only guitar tuned to D standard) and play along to the tunes that made me become a deathmetal guitarist. They are pretty much imprinted on my brain.

Chuck, you will never be forgotten.

RIP chuck, one of very few that made truly timeless extreme music, thanks for the legacy

I always get a little bit upset, when everyone remembers Dime, and days later just a few remember Chuck Schuldiner and the majority of people, knowin Chuck and Death pass just "meh", don´t get me wrong dime is a big influence on me and i indeed cried the day of his death, but i can´t understand how people are not interested on at least showing respect on one of the most kick ass, smarter, and influencial metal musicians of all time, his death may be not as tragical as dime´s, but at the end, he isn´t here anymore, im the tight guitar player i could be due to learning Death Riffs, because of Death, a whole genre takes it´s shape and then a lot of other styles of death metal, all came from there.
Was him who brought technique to Death Metal, was him who brought a sense of composition, was him who brought inteligent lyrics, hehe i just can´t show enough respect to him.

Brutalism, i wanted to be thu guy who open the thread first hehe, you beat me.

R.I.P Chuck

Pic_Intro.jpg

NEWSsupport.jpg

I still find it hard to believe that he's gone. I'm proud to say that I've been a fan since Leprosy back in my late teens. I miss him and his ground breaking music full of emotion very much. It still makes me sad. R.I.P.

Brutalism, i wanted to be thu guy who open the thread first hehe, you beat me.

It's irrelevant my friend. Through Chuck and his works we are all united as one, brother.