R.I.P CHUCK

I'll never forget the first time I listened to Symbolic. From start to finish I think it's hands down one of the best, and most underrated albums of all time. His playing style was very unique and creative, I think metal owes a lot to him.

RIP Chuck

Incredibly talented dude, and always seemed like a really nice guy from the live vids. He had such a unique style, and wrote awesome riffs, what a loss! At least he got to make tons of awesome music before he went, rather than dying right as he was getting going, but who knows what else he would've been able to do if he had lived on...

I always get a little bit upset, when everyone remembers Dime, and days later just a few remember Chuck Schuldiner and the majority of people, knowin Chuck and Death pass just "meh", don´t get me wrong dime is a big influence on me and i indeed cried the day of his death, but i can´t understand how people are not interested on at least showing respect on one of the most kick ass, smarter, and influencial metal musicians of all time, his death may be not as tragical as dime´s, but at the end, he isn´t here anymore, im the tight guitar player i could be due to learning Death Riffs, because of Death, a whole genre takes it´s shape and then a lot of other styles of death metal, all came from there.
Was him who brought technique to Death Metal, was him who brought a sense of composition, was him who brought inteligent lyrics, hehe i just can´t show enough respect to him.

Brutalism, i wanted to be thu guy who open the thread first hehe, you beat me.

R.I.P Chuck

Pic_Intro.jpg

NEWSsupport.jpg

Proll cause, at least from me, Dime was a bit more in my time. Death was way befre my time and Pantera was too, but I think the majority of kids nowadays don't realize the source of all that is techdeath originated basically with Chuck. Either way...

TO CHUCK!:kickass:

I know I'm a day late but R.I.P. Chuck. The first song I heard from Death was Leprosy and was hooked ever since. To bad I didn't discover the band until after Chuck's death. I was 12 years old when he died.

:cry: this thread brought tears to my eyes, but it is also a reminder that we must utilize our time on earth to continue the legacy that the greats left behind. chuck might be dead, but METAL WILL NEVER FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

I always get a little bit upset, when everyone remembers Dime, and days later just a few remember Chuck Schuldiner and the majority of people, knowin Chuck and Death pass just "meh"

The thing is that Dime went out with a bang onstage, which was/still is very rare. Chuck died on cancer, which is one of the most common ways to die. And Freddy died on AIDS, which also was very rare at the time.

and personally I was a lot more influenced by Dime than Chuck, I actually heard his name the first time when it was mentioned that he died, but I did know the band.

Chuck was a huge influence on me, one of my earliest influences on guitar and songwriting. Chuck was very forward-looking, not just content to be one of the pioneers of deathmetal, but to continue to evolve and get more ambitious with each release. The saddest thing really is how healthy he was; that his personal choices in life were better than most of us make, and that he fell to illness through no fault of his own.