R.I.P. Mikko Laine

renejanssen

Apr 19, 2005
Baarlo, The Netherlands
www.progpower.eu
I still have no words for what happened last Sunday night after ProgPower Europe and I still have not recovered from it yet. But through this way I would like to wish Sole Remedy, Mikko's family and all his friends all the best for the next couple of weeks. Just want you all to know that we are with you, Mikko will be in our harts forever!

Right with you, Rene. It's a terrible tragedy and I hope everyone involved will find comfort with their friends, family and loved ones. Mikko will not be forgotten. Hope you'll be ok too.

Hee guys, I was gone from the venue just before this tragedy took place and read about in the early train from Venlo. Although I wasn't there I am shocked and it keeps running through my head. We have lost a family member! I wish everyone all the strenght they need and hope they find comfort with their loved ones.

Mikko Rest in Peace

I think none of us have recovered from the tragedy yet. It was a very sad end to an otherwise great weekend. I wish Mikko's family and friends all the best, and hope that time will make things easier. As this must be horrible for the PP organizers, and you Rene especially, know that the PP family will be here for you and help you with anything we can.

Exactly, all of us are still pretty much in shock.

It is heartwarming though to see how close the PP Family is [which we of course always knew and felt, but it's just more evident even now] and how supportive everyone is.

My thoughts go out to anyone affected by this. Much love and hugs to you all.

R.I.P. Mikko.

To all my friends and family of progfriends...i was away after Mekong Delta....But i d watch the entire show of Sole remedy..and it was a awesome performance..
When im was back home on monday id read the news on the net.Id gives me a real shock.and id was shaken, ANd my hands were thrilled and i was suddenly for a moment very cold. To realize first seeing some one play...and then, the he is no more. I wanna show my respect and condealance to; Sole remedy and the family of mikko Laine.
I agree, with Renee, Mikko will never be forgotten in our hearts. Paul from leeuwarden...Next year..im again at Progpower...

This is a very tragic loss. Already expressed my condoleances on a few locations, but I want to express my respect to the band, the progpower staff and the volunteers that evening that assisted. Your actions really impressed me!

Of course, this will never be forgotten by everyone close to progpower or the band.

Miko became one of us and we are sad to already have lost him. Hiss loss is felt by all. We should/will start an anual custom to remember him by, if that is not a burden to the organisation.

Even something as simple as lighting a candle when we leave on sunday, shows we have not forgotten him. And more would make an impressive site.

Guys,

I don't know what to say. I have been thinking about this all for last two days and it is still not making any sense. Mikko is gone; I know that we haven't really had a chance to know him properly, but now when he is somewhere else it all looks awkward and shattered.

ProgPower was our asylum. Our refugee from the normal, boring, stupid world. A place where there was nothing apart from love and fun waiting for us every year. A place, where everyone was our friend, no matter where from or what their favourite band was. The best time of the year.

Now it will never be the same again. The sanctuary has been violated by the terrible accident, so surreal, that none of us can still grasp on any understaning of it.

But I think the only way to continue is to be supportive of each other and to make sure that the festival carries on for the ones like Mikko - our friends, who we've never properly met but who were always close to us, and so similar to us in their love for music and the never-ending appetite for the world.

As every one of you, I would like to pass my words of support and love to Mikko's family and Sole Remedy friends, and of course to Rene, Christian and the rest of the crew. My thoughts are with you.

I cannot do much to relieve the pain, but I will make sure that the photographs I have taken during these three wonderful days will reflect all the atmosphere of the festival that we will always remember and enjoy for what it is - for being the best place and time on Earth.

Rest in peace, Mikko, and be sure, that - even from the above - you still rock.

I love you, ProgPower people. Present and absent. I truly do.

Yours,
Wojtek

Thankyou Rene,

through such a horrible accident I am grateful to learn of such love we all have for each other in our progpower community. It brought me to tears to realise how supportive everyone was through the ordeal and this support, courtesy and generosity is extended to Mikko's family, friends and band.

This prog power was amazing, beautiful and again life changing for me, thankyou for all the support you've given everyone!

xo
Jana

Well said everybody. I also wish Mikko's family and friends, the PP organisation and all involved in this terrible accident all the best in these difficult times.

R.I.P. Mikko.

René, if there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to contact me. You know where to find me!

Prik

Still not finding the words to express myself.
My thoughts go to his family, friends and everybody else involved.

R.I.P. Mikko.

Great words everybody,

My thoughts and condolences go to his family and friends, the guys of Sole Remedy, the PP organisation and everybody else involved. I'm still shocked!

R.I.P. Mikko

Although I was not there this year but consider myself a part of this community having been there in the past, my heart goes out to all who had to witness such a tragedy and to Mikko's family, friends, loved ones. Never an easy thing to get over but his music and performances will live on and he will always be apart of the ProgPower family. Music speaks to us all in times like these. Hugs to everyone from the US!

I'm not big on words, can't get them out right,
I just want to direct my love and support to the PP organisation and all of my friends.

And a bit of a cliché ... well it's manowar, but I think it suits the occasion

"
In our eyes your're immortal -
In our hearts you'll live forevermore.
"

godspeed Mikko, wherever you are.
May your friends and family have the strength to go on.

I still can't recognize what really happened, but death is something absolute I might not understand until the final end. But my thoughts are with Mikkos family and friends, with the whole Prog Power Crew and especially with the truck driver who has now to live with the fact that he killed a young man.

My condolescence to all the people who love and miss Mikko.