R.I.P Paul Gray

yeaah, a friend of mine called me with this news.. i don't know why because i am not a huge slipknot fan, but i was like ''WHAT?!''
why all these losses? Mike Alexander, Dio, Gray .. who is next?

Been a massive fan since I was 9, Slipknot have always played a major role in my life as they were one of the first bands who got me into heavy music. It's heartbreaking stuff for the fans, the amount of people being ignorant and disrespectful is absolutely disgusting. "Maggot" for life and such.

I've not heard All Hope Is Gone, but I have a bit of a soft spot for Slipknot. In late '99 I was already beginning my journey in to 'proper metal', but it didn't stop me liking Slipknot. I fucking loved them. I remember within months of them releasing Slipknot they absolutely exploded in the UK... and they just seemed to get bigger and bigger with the highlight of their career being, for me, Disasterpieces, which to this day is still one of my very favourite live DVDs.

Even though Paul wasn't my favourite member of the band, and he wasn't the most amazing musician, this is a real shame. He was one of the original members... and Slipknot are all but dead now.

Nevergave a flying fuck for their music, give or take a song or two here and there, but this is still really fucked up. Everyone is dropping like flies at the moment, it's not fucking fair.

R.I.P. Paul

Also not a fan, but definitely still a tragedy. RIP.

I know the masks were a big part of the band, but I think it's unfortunate because the only pics the media are putting out now are ones with his mask on. An unmasked human face would represent him and his life as a soon-to-be father, husband, musician, etc. much better IMO.

I like the S/T album and Iowa..then there is some songs here and there..i started to listen to them at the age of 12...anyways it sucks R.I.P Paul.

... and Slipknot are all but dead now.

well, this part is a bit confusing for me, because i have read somewhere that one of the slipknot dudes said that if one of the members would leave, they would quit..? i don't know if that is true, i was just wondering

but something different, next month i will see stone sour, but i think i can expect it to be cancelled... :mad:

I hate slipknot

but a dead bass player is a dead bass player. a loss is a loss. Pity

Man I remember when I was younger I used to love Slipknot. I had a lot of anger, a lot of personal issues around that time, and I could relate to what was written in their lyrics. They were singing my song, and reminding me that I wasn't alone, especially when I saw live videos. Paul was a part of that. But as I got older, I admittedly lost interest, because the message didn't pertain to me anymore. Still gets me down to think that a guy who was a part of a good piece of my younger self is gone.

RIP Paul