R.I.P. Randy Rhoads!

Steve Smyth

Lead Axe
Feb 27, 2002
Earth
www.stevesmyth.com
Today is the 25th anniversary of the death of one of my alltime guitar heroes, Randy Rhoads.

Wanted to go down to San Bernadino for the memoriam today, but alas, docs orders to stay at home for now have prevented this.

Randy was an amazing guitar player, musician, and from most written accounts, a wonderful human being as well, all things that have influenced me from the first time I ever heard him on Blizzard of Ozz, then Diary Of A Madman, albums that, to me, will always stand the test of time!

Having played his music within Sweet Leaf, our Black Sabbath/Ozzy tribute, for years, was a very fun experience, and a great learning one as well. Something I'll always learn from.

R.I.P RANDY!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

RIP Randy! Creative genius!!

Holy shit, 25 years.....o_O

I still remember the first time I heard BoO, I was floored. Then DoaM, wow still one of my all time favorites, such heart felt playing. :headbang:

wow, it's been that long. As a high school kid I remember we always toasted to Randy at parties, multiple times. :) Blizzard and Diary were both genius to me back then, and they still are in my roots. Always wonder what might have been, he was so brilliant...

G

No problem, Steve. I was a teacher in San Bernardino and one of my students told me about him being buried there. She said, "oh, you like metal. We have a rock star buried at the cemetary up the road. I think his name is Rhoads?" I said, "Randy Rhoads?" She said, "yeah, that's it."

Nope, just knew that he was a rock star. I about shit my pants when she told me. Diary of a mad man was one of the first albums that got me into metal. It's a shame I never got a chance to see Rhoads play live.