R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

For me - the RJD era of Black Sabbath/Heaven & Hell will always be the top of the metal mountain. There is no band that is comparable nor a singer that is in his class - he is heavy metal (a picture of Ronnie should be put in the dictionary next to those words.)

I'm truly saddened by this news, it is like loosing a family member that has comforted me with his music through the toughest of times. I've listed to a ton of Ronnie through my own battles with cancer and I'm saddened by this passing in more ways than I can put into words.

RIP Ronnie - may you find your Heaven.

RIP

just a few hours ago I was talking about his "death" with my bandmates... The one that didn't really happen, he was just in bad shape, but the press claimed he had died.

I feel a little weird now...

What to say. He was so authentic (the first thing in a real artist), and his voice awsome. A piece of the heart of every music lover, not only metalheads, was taken away.

Always that something like this happens breaks my heart and I think why is there a lot of shitty people like politicians killing people out there and living freely while the good ones pass away.

Thank you Ronnie :headbang:

A lot of music legends are dying lately, at a far faster rate than in any year I can remember. This is a huge loss and I will have to explore the Dio era of Sabbath more, to be honest I'm very unfamiliar with most of it.

I saw Dio live in 2001 and it was by far one of the best vocal performances I've ever seen. Such a huge voice, he could make even cheesy songs great with it actually.

Dio was the first band I ever really listened to. He's still the metal vocalist I hold all others up to. RIP Dio.

I don't feel pain or sorrow
The child's a man tomorrow
Crossing the line, then he's mine
Don't care which god you follow
Whose promises you swallow
Time and again, we must meet at the end

Can't forget his philanthropic tendencies as well, with the creation and organization of the almighty "Hear 'n Aid"

RIP :kickass: (to his amazing career and music)

Last edited by a moderator:
Truly saddened by this...

All this talk of Sabbath and his solo records....the signature DIO song for me has always been and always will be:

This is so sad, his voice and charisma were unique.
I saw him with heaven and hell last year and was one of the best and magical shows of all my life.
His music will live forever. RIP Ronnie, the legend.

The Voice. I don't think there is or has been anyone else who has such recognizable voice and you can tell it's him immediately, be the recording from the early 60s or from 2009. That's nearly 50 years apart.