Rack cases on eBay

JonWormwood

Jun 16, 2007
Jax, Fl
I see there's alot of cases on eBay. I don't want to by from some shady out of a garage operation with shitty hardware. Anyone have any good recommendations?

100 bucks for a 10 spacec3/8" rack with free shipping seems like a great deal

Crown Cases is the place I had build mine, they aren't cheap but totally worth it.
+1

of course good rack cases shouldn't be cheap...i bought a head case with a 4 rack space, and a cab case for 500 both...

...guess what...first day of touring...3 of the wheels flew off!...second day...they wouldn't close well...third day...one of them broke from the bottom when hitting a corner...so...

pay a little more but they will be indestructible!

Has anyone ever bought any of the rack cases that Rondo sells? As most seem to be impressed with their overall value for the dollar guitar and bass lines, I wondered how their cases were. Here is a link to a 10 space rack unit for $99.00. I'm in the market for a case as well and have been looking around and stumbled across these at the Rondo site (was unaware that they sold them.)

I bought a 12 space rack off eBay made by Roadie cases for ~$100, it is so cheaply made I bet if I kicked it I could break it in half, the wood is thin, the metal parts will bend and warp

The link I posted in the mic case thread was to Cabbage Cases
http://www.cabbagecases.com/

These guys are local to me and are fucking legit. They will ship nationwide (US). I have had them make all my cases after I got that piece of shit 12 space, and their prices are very reasonable for the quality cases they make.

+1 on the audiopile cases.

I have a 10-space and that thing is extremely well built. Very solid.

I have a cheapy 18 too, thinner woods and cheaper hardware. I wouldn't tour with it, but for rolling around the studio to get behind it and the occasional move it does just fine. But you have to keep something racked in there or have the lids on when you move it. Also you can't stack stuff on it very well.

The racked gear and lids add that extra stability to the cheapies.

All depends on what you are doing.

I have Joe at Crown Cases building me up some stuff right now. I got quotes from about 6 other case companies and while he wasn't the cheapest, he wasn't the most expensive either. In the end, he had the best communication and I dug his vibe the most out of the companies that I got quotes from. They aren't done yet so I can speak to the quality but from what I can tell(he has lots of pictures of his work) they are top notch.

Back in my "rack" days, I had a shock mounted SKB that was an epic piece of fail. I ended up swapping to a reg SKB rack which wasn't much better and offered no protection for shock. My advice, get some quotes from some folks, pick the one you dig the most, and spend the coin. In the end, it's cheaper. Good luck.