Ragnarokkr 2013 Venue / Dates revealed

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
I am surprised no one has posted this yet.

Anyhow, details are as follows:

DATES : May 3 and 4, 2012
VENUE: REGGIE'S

Bobby will finally be able to back up his words afterwards whether or not having this in the city WILL do better than in the burbs!!!!! :loco:

I think this is a perfect size venue for the fest.

LOL!! You have one of those too???????????

Mine did go with me a couple years back to see Priest.
Her best line of the night???
"That guys gay??????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO really??"

I don't even try to bring her around to this stuff. It's just easier that way. Now I just need to figure out a way to make this an "anniversary" trip to Chicago.

city shows will always draw better. You have more foot traffice and people who dont have cars nor drive can get to shows there.

example.....I know and read lots from people who saw Destruction at Reggies last month. Read zero on thier Mojoes show the day after Ragnarokkr.

They would make it in early may for us college students who wont be able to make it because that'll be the weekend before Finals. Good thing ill be home for an internship though and can take those days off to be there and vend again ')

Serious question.
Does anyone know if there were many college age kids or younger at the show? Seemed to be almost exclusively a 21 and up crowd
(Well, I was only there Saturday, not sure about Friday)

I am surprised no one has posted this yet.

Anyhow, details are as follows:

DATES : May 3 and 4, 2012
VENUE: REGGIE'S

Bobby will finally be able to back up his words afterwards whether or not having this in the city WILL do better than in the burbs!!!!! :loco:

I think this is a perfect size venue for the fest.

I think so as well...with the exception of there might not be enough room for the merch tables? It'll be interesting to see how they lay that out.

I think so as well...with the exception of there might not be enough room for the merch tables? It'll be interesting to see how they lay that out.

Remember at the Katatonia / Nov Doom show?
They had the majority of the merch right when you walk in, and then Orphaned Land (I think) had their stuff along the wall on the inside.
There is also the balcony too. Maybe there???

One thing Mike should seriously try to find out is whether or not he can also reserve the Reggies Music Joint space as well. Would be nice to have the bar free of crappy indie rock during the fest. That could be another excellent place for vendors.

Could also use it as a side stage (IE - maybe special sets, acoustic performances, Win a Date with Joey Contests, etc)

One thing Mike should seriously try to find out is whether or not he can also reserve the Reggies Music Joint space as well. Would be nice to have the bar free of crappy indie rock during the fest. That could be another excellent place for vendors.

Could also use it as a side stage (IE - maybe special sets, acoustic performances, Win a Date with Joey Contests, etc)

Had the same idea. We will see how the tickets sell first. No need for a 2nd stage if the first room isn't full.

Had the same idea. We will see how the tickets sell first. No need for a 2nd stage if the first room isn't full.

as I said the other night to you....you should have 3 local bands play the other room and have them sell 20 tickets at what ever you are selling them for and at least thier money will help cover cost. Have a voting thing that next week online and the winner will play the next years fest. Plus having the locals will bring in freinds who may have not have come otherwise. There are 6 locals who would easily jump at this chance. I dont know how it works there with renting it also or not but it could be something to look into. If it is an extra cost...I wouldnt bother.