Ragnarokkr Cheers & Jeers

What is funny here, well two things; first of all thou I do agree that it doesn't belong there for those bands, all you guys are bitching and whining about pits like the Progpower guys do. Secondly Jamie was on the floor during 'See You in Hell' and commented on the pit (that possibly did not belong there), she said something about how if this were at Progpower everyone would be in a forum bitching about, and well I guess Ragnarokkr regs do it too. HAHA To top it off a little woman has no issue with it, yet all you metal guys do. Sorry but it is just funny.:lol:
I was watching the video upstairs during 'See You in Hell' and the moving bodies looked great on the video, it actually adds. For those who have issue just step aside, fuck it is not that big of a deal..

Jamie was right behind the wheel chair, she was telling me about how she was just pushing back to keep people off of the guy.
You know if you watch the 'Hell on Wheels' concert the crowd reaction and activity is not to much different than Saturday night.

Incredibly well organized and run festival. Odin and his crew did a helluva job. Met a ton of cool people and had some great conversations with new and old friends. Great venue and sound. The crowd was excellent. The bands that I saw were all really good and a lot of fun.

Jeers to myself as I spent way too much cash on vinyl LOL

That's a typical day in the life of our friend DMR.

I thought this was what the typical day in the life of DMR was like:
Bobby-Valentino1.png

I forgot the wristbands. Not really that bad that it's worth mentioning after that weekend. Everyone got in. Next year I promise to ignore all important fest related issues to make sure the wristbands are purchased. If I just would have ignored the fact that no one could take a minute out of their life to help out and pick up the headliner from the airport, resulting in me having to leave for Chicago a day early and stay up 60 hours straight, a few people wouldn't have had to stand at the door a few extra seconds. I'll be sure to pass on your displeasure to RIOT. I mean why the fuck does a band need to come in a day early to practice to put on the best possible show? MADNESS!!! WRISTBANDS ARE TOP PRIORITY!!!

I forgot the wristbands. Not really that bad that it's worth mentioning after that weekend. Everyone got in. Next year I promise to ignore all important fest related issues to make sure the wristbands are purchased. If I just would have ignored the fact that no one could take a minute out of their life to help out and pick up the headliner from the airport, resulting in me having to leave for Chicago a day early and stay up 60 hours straight, a few people wouldn't have had to stand at the door a few extra seconds. I'll be sure to pass on your displeasure to RIOT. I mean why the fuck does a band need to come in a day early to practice to put on the best possible show? MADNESS!!! WRISTBANDS ARE TOP PRIORITY!!!

The thread was a "cheers and jeers." Considering that for the most part was the only jeer, I'd say that's pretty damn good.

I came from Canada to see the festival and was afraid that I wouldn't be able to get into the venue on the second day because I wasn't aware that I needed to hold onto my ticket stub. The letter received didn't say anything, no one on friday said anything when I entered the venue. Luckily, after 20 minutes I managed to flag down Bob and the crisis was averted.

No one here is saying that "WRISTBANDS ARE TOP PRIORITY". What we are saying is that there was confusion about the ticket situation, and that in the future, there should be measures to avoid such a conflagration. It would be a huge bummer if people were turned away at the door for a reason besides the festival being sold out. We're not trying to disregard or disrespect the fantastic aspects of the fest (which, according to this thread, were great and many) nor the other hard work that goes on to make it happen, but if you don't know where the people were unhappy, how can you improve? Non of this is intended as a personal attack.

That all being said, your festival is one of my favorite in the world right now, so I can't wait to see what next year has in store for us. I will continue to make the trek from Canada so long as there's some great bands in the lineup and the dates work for me. Cheers!

I know ever since the first year, it always seems like the biggest logistics issue is getting bands from the airport.

What about simply having the band take a cab from the airport to the hotel??
Probably wouldn't cost more than $50 to $75.

It would seem to save a lot of headaches!!!

I felt REALLY bad for you the first year when you missed half of day one picking up James Rivera from the airport.

With all that is going on, I always fuck up something. I'm just saying we should be happy that it was a minor thing. Changes had to be made day of and no one got turned away. I think that should be classified as a cheer and not a jeer. You probably won't be surprised to know that the security planned on letting everyone in, but wanted to fuck with some just to amuse themselves. I don't own the venue....they operate on their own rules.

I made it a point to make friends with the security team (even thanked the main guy from the stage) and hopefully these oversights will stop happening.

It wasn't just that Jason. They needed to get from Midway to the hotel, then practice spot on the north side. It was a whole day adventure. Plus whoever would have had to check them in with their credit card. No one wanted to do that. I was training a new guy at work too so I couldn't get off. It all worked out in the end with perfect timing.....except the wristbands.

I know not everyone sees the behind-the-scenes big picture.....trust me. The wristband thing was minor. If we wouldn't have sold out, the venue could have been dicks and not let anyone in and I couldn't have done anything about it.

No doubt there are TONS of things going on with getting everyone where they need to be. It all worked out in the end.

I think anyone who felt fear of NOT getting in due to what did happen though of course is going to list it as a "jeer"

From the fan perspective a (tiny) "jeer" maybe. I'll give you that. Certainly not worth 25 forum posts focusing only on that (one reason I rarely come here). From the crew perspective..."major potential disaster averted" and great job by everyone adapting on the fly.