Ragnarokkr Metal Festival May 3-4 2013

big line up change!!!!

the Onslaught tour was cancelled by the label so the fest now lost Onslaught, Exhumer, Bonded By Blood, and Feuled By Fire.

but good news.....

replacement bands so far....

CLASSIC METAL ACT.....VIKING will be joining the fest and thrash metal act VINDICATOR as well.

More bands to be announced soon.

I am trying to give Bob props.
This is his first shot at helping out with booking for a show.
I always kid that he is Jack Koshick Jr.

Yeah, let's see if on Friday a band is moved to Saturday, and get their set cut down to 3 songs.

Then he will REALLY earn the title!!!!

wow you had me at Onslaught....then lost me when Onslaught dropped off....FU#$%

wow you had me at Onslaught....then lost me when Onslaught dropped off....FU#$%

line up is still stellar....

Oz - first US show ever
Shok Paris - classic US metal
October 31 - featuring King Fowley
Seax
Vindicator
Sleep Hollow - US power metal with Bob Mitchell from Attacker on vocals
Eldritch
Ashbury - first chicago show ever
Omen - classic US metal
Tyrant's Reign - reunion show
Wrath - Fit of Anger line up
Paradoxx - classic Chicago metal
Viking - thrash metal legends

the second stage has
Winterhawk - Chicago classic metal act ( RUSH inspired)
Vanlade
Dark Mirror
Innersiege
Ancient Dreams
Olorin
Borrowed Time - coming off playing Keep it True fest in germany
Demon Bitch
Central Disorder
Gatekrashor

not a bad line up for 60 bucks.

holy smokes....day 1 is over. Great turnout.... more than was even expected. Lots and lots of people from all over the states and lots from Canada. Every band did top notch work.

Vendors did huge sales. Heaven and Hell Records / Sounds of Purgatory did HUGE sales to the point where I saw Jeremy with a Cadillac car catalog in his hands.

Stand outs this year so far were

mainstage - Wrath....the classic line up shocked everyone and stole the early part of the show.

Ashbury - while not a fan they entranced everyone there....from the fanatic death metal types to the traditional metal people. Not a single sole could walk away from their set.

Tyrant's Reign - band of the day for me. Classic metal the way it should be played....with a cool demon smoke machine.

second stage did wayyyy better than I thought it would do...Gatekrahsor from Canada who are not really known packed the stage room where people had a hard time getting up front. Vanlade also packed it with a few people who didnt like them on disc then blown away live by them. Innerseige from the the few songs I was able to watch before getting pulled away did top notch work.

waiting for day 2 now.......

Day 2 was fantastic...

the second stage over took the mainstage with the triple threat of Demon Bitch / Borrowed Time / Winterhawk. That was a great feeling.

Oz were out standing live. One of the few shows where no one was leaving early because they were so drawn into seeing them perform an energetic set.

great turnout this year...no big issues...everyone loved with and no one was complaining.

The weekend was the most fun I have had at any metal fest and that is including working at it. Think it even topped HOA.

good to hear...it was AMAZING with how much you sold. I was stunned. Everything worked out pretty much and everyone seemed to have fun. No sound issues this time around. Only issues were people not being able to catch each band.