Rainbow-Munich '77 Deep Purple Blackmore

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Got a promo copy of this double disc set today. It fuckin' smokes! And there is a dvd also in the works of the show with bonus videos, this should be killer!!! The sound is outstanding on this set!!!!

Also Rature of the Deep will be re-issued with a bonus disc, which is great because I never picked the original up!!!!!

And last Blackmore's Night will appear on PBS on 6.15.06 check local listings and set the TIVO's!!!!

Sixx

sixxswine said:
Also Rature of the Deep will be re-issued with a bonus disc, which is great because I never picked the original up!!!!!
It's already out for a few weeks in Europe, there's a bunch of live songs on the bonus disc plus the first studio version of "well dressed guitar" :) :Smokin:

I will DEFINETLY be getting this one as I am a big Rainbow fan. However, upon seeing the tracklist on Amazon.com I'm somewhat dissapointed that there are only 8 songs on a 2 disc set! This means that most of the album is comprised of Ritchie's somewhat long-winded soloing. This is the same problem I see with their first live album, Rainbow On Stage which only has six songs. Granted, part of the charm of a live performance is the extended version of some songs, but Rainbow did tend to overdo it. On the plus side, it's the lineup with Dio in it so that's cool.

I just picked this up today. And I must say that it blows away "On Stage" and the "Live In Europe 1976" sets (which is no small fete, as both of these kick ass)!!! Awesome sound, inspired Blackmore performance! Great stuff. And, it includes "Long Live RnR" (but no Stargazer, sadly).

A MUST OWN! :headbang:

Death Animal said:
I have seen that gig on my computer.
Must buy that dvd when it´s come out.:kickass:
If I remember right Dio is smoking in that video.:ill:
I couldn´t believe it.

Ah yea the 70s, people did weird things back then, like not shaving their armpits ;)

Is it worth getting if I already have the recent live 76 Cd. That one is an absolute killer performance. If a DVD is coming out ,I cant wait for that!!!

FredB said:
Is it worth getting if I already have the recent live 76 Cd. That one is an absolute killer performance. If a DVD is coming out ,I cant wait for that!!!

Yea thats a registration of their Rockpalast gig in Germany in 1976. I remember seeing that performance on TV back in the day on the German TV station WDR. I now have a copy of that gig on DVD as well. Its fantastic, Blackmore goes crazy on his guitar at the very end of the show!