Ralph Santolla and new Deicide album..

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
I must say this album is fucking kickin my ass all over the place. Sure this is probably the most obscure and different of all his other projects but man Ralph fucking shreds it up on this record. He alone made deicide a better band. I'll even say some of his best shredding/solo work is on this album. He even add's a power metal feel to the album at times.

anybody else have an opinion on the new deicide?

Emerald Sword said:
Not yet, but VITAL REMAINS's "Dechristianize" fucking ruled. People can't believe I like that shit because I'm a practicing Roman Catholic. But, cool music is cool music.

If you like that then you'll definetly love the new Deicide.

Nothing wrong with being catholic and supporting metal.

I'm No christian/catholic myself but I do enjoy Rob Rock and Antestor (who are both christian bands) and they kick alot of ass.

Christian metal can be just as heavy, melodic, brutal and even dark sounding as any non chistian metal band.

I have a death metal band and our vocalist is a christian but his views/beliefs don't get in the way of music. TOO bad we can't say the same about Dave mustaine who is a person soo consumed by his beliefs he fucks other bands for it. refering to what he did by getting Rotting Christ and Dissection kicked off fests.

Long live Stryper! lol

Looking forward to the new Deicide. I too am a Catholic and support the metal because its kick ass music. Tom Araya of Slayer is a devout Catholic for crying out loud.

TheGraveDigger said:
Tom Araya of Slayer is a devout Catholic for crying out loud.

Are you kidding me? He may be a Catholic, but he's no Christian! He can't be singing the stuff that he sings! I couldn't sleep at night if I wrote some of the stuff that he's written about in the past and present!

I know they'll be people that will give me a verbal butt kickin' for saying that, but I can't help myself for thinking this.

I dig Dechristianize. The opening track is one of my "go to" tracks when I'm dragging ass in the gym.

I gave the new Deicide a spin last night. They do what they do well. However, I can only take this music is small doses (maybe 20 minutes). After that, it's like it's not even there. My auidtory senses have overloaded and I find I'm no longer absorbing the music. That said, what I did pay attention to was good. Some of the riffs were superb.

Zod

Harvester said:
I am not going to delete Jasonic's repeat post because that is indeed something that needs to be said twice.

:lol: Ain't that the truth!!!
It has nothing to do with the fact that I don't care for his music.
There were a whole bunch of us hanging out at Milwaukee Metalfest a while back. He had to play the role of "I am an evil death metal guy" and was being rude and a complete ass to everyone. Also, it is hard to take someone seriously who has an inverted cross burned into his forehead.

Jasonic said:
Also, it is hard to take someone seriously who has an inverted cross burned into his forehead.
Really? I would say that's someone who could be taken very seriously. Burning an inverted cross into your head takes a great deal of commitment. Do you have any idea how many times I nearly burned an inverted cross into my forehead, but wussed out at the last second?

Zod

Harvester said:
I am not going to delete Jasonic's repeat post because that is indeed something that needs to be said twice.

Glen have you yourself actually met him or have you only said this based on other people's stories? I don't know if you happen to like death metal or not to also slam him. Is this because you hate Deicide or Vital Remains? I hear alot of people say this alot but i met Glen about 5 times and he has always been very serious and very nice and down to earth with me and my girlfriend.

edgeofthorns said:
Are you kidding me? He may be a Catholic, but he's no Christian! He can't be singing the stuff that he sings! I couldn't sleep at night if I wrote some of the stuff that he's written about in the past and present!

I know they'll be people that will give me a verbal butt kickin' for saying that, but I can't help myself for thinking this.

I guess my vocalist then is no real christian because he writes about dark stuff and gore? Enlighten me why he is not a real christian. these kind of stories are funny. i had a guy at work preach christianity to me and said " metal is satanic music" and i told him " not all of it is and there is indeed christian metal bands too" and he says in reply " oh they aren't real christians! you think god wants somebody with long hair playing that kind of music representing him?" and i was just like " didn't jesus have long hair>" and he looked at me and said " yeah but.." then i replied "yeah whatever dude" and then i ignored him!

JosephAcevedo said:
Glen have you yourself actually met him or have you only said this based on other people's stories? I don't know if you happen to like death metal or not to also slam him. Is this because you hate Deicide or Vital Remains? I hear alot of people say this alot but i met Glen about 5 times and he has always been very serious and very nice and down to earth with me and my girlfriend.

My opinion of an individual has nothing to do with his music or lyrics. In fact, my assessment is not based on what fans say about him as well simply because everyone has a bad day every now and then. However, I do base my opinion on insider stories regarding his business choices including unprofessional conduct while touring.

General Zod said:
Really? I would say that's someone who could be taken very seriously. Burning an inverted cross into your head takes a great deal of commitment. Do you have any idea how many times I nearly burned an inverted cross into my forehead, but wussed out at the last second?

Zod

:lol:
Gee. Let's see. I am against "organized" religion so I will brand into my forehead a symbol that is extremely commercialized.
Makes a lot of sense!

Harvester said:
My opinion of an individual has nothing to do with his music or lyrics. In fact, my assessment is not based on what fans say about him as well simply because everyone has a bad day every now and then. However, I do base my opinion on insider stories regarding his business choices including unprofessional conduct while touring.

Glen , I hear that story alot too. However I do pre-judge a musician until i either 1 met him myself or have done business with him/her. I am assuming you neither met him or done business with him . I don't think thats fair to judge him based on stories regarding business conduct. I think after you have done business with him yourself then you can say that. your still judging him based on what others are saying regarding business. I'm not trying to slam you at all, so if you think i'm an asshole for me telling you that then thats on you .

JosephAcevedo said:
I guess my vocalist then is no real christian because he writes about dark stuff and gore? Enlighten me why he is not a real christian. these kind of stories are funny. i had a guy at work preach christianity to me and said " metal is satanic music" and i told him " not all of it is and there is indeed christian metal bands too" and he says in reply " oh they aren't real christians! you think god wants somebody with long hair playing that kind of music representing him?" and i was just like " didn't jesus have long hair>" and he looked at me and said " yeah but.." then i replied "yeah whatever dude" and then i ignored him!

Well, I'm not going to get into a public debate about this, so if you want to discuss this with me, then send me a PM. I'll do my best to answer your questions in a civil way.

As for the guy at your work, just tell him he's jealous because he doesn't know how to rock! :headbang:

You are free to think of me as you please and say what you will. I don't know why you needed to include the asshole line, but anyhow...

I think you have quite the Utopian view based upon your history of posting here on various topics and I can't help but think you believe the glass is always half full. There is nothing wrong with that as the world desperately needs more people like you. I also agree that I should not let others tell me how to think if I am not familar with a situation or person. However, I do have a few good friends (one that I consider family) that I trust 100% that have indeed crossed paths with Benton and it wasn't a good experience. I'm not going to go into detail as it may hurt them based on public knowledge getting out.

I admire you for defending him based on your interaction with him. I'm sure there are many others that agree with you that he is a great guy. However, I'm not one of them.

Hey,
Everyone has good experiences and bad experiences in meeting people.
This is why in all honesty I would NEVER want to meet Lemmy, Dickinson, Ozzy, etc, or other figureheads who I have admired for years.

I would hate to meet them when they are having a bad day and then possibly think negatively about them (based on that sole experience).

Look, Benton may have been having a bad day when I met him, and also me not being into his music may make it easier to be "hard on him" if you will.

Though first impressions last the longest.

TheGraveDigger said:
Long live Stryper! lol

Tom Araya of Slayer is a devout Catholic for crying out loud.

If this is true, then King Diamond is the pope. :lol:

Seriously though, what is this theory based on?