Ralph Santolla and new Deicide album..

Emerald Sword said:
Had you read my earlier posts, I am a PRACTICING CATHOLIC. My point being is that music is entertainment. My faith will never change or be shaken by ENTERTAINMENT. Apparently Ralph Santolla and Tom Araya believe this, also. They are in bands to have fun and earn a living. I don't get why sometimes people make these guys and their music something more than it is.

Emerald Sword, it's called accountability buddy. You and I are able to distinguish between real life and entertainment, but the both of us know that there are people out there that just can't. Those are the folks, especially kids, that can stray off into a sick train of thought. For me personally, I wouldn't want that blood on my hands, but it obviously doesn't effect Mr. Araya or Mr. Santolla.

Music is one of the most emotional and powerful art forms. We all know this, because 99.9% of us on this board love music of all types. With that said, the lyrics that are being sang with the music have a stronger effect on one's mind over pictures, movies, or even books. That's what concerns me about lyrics such as Slayer's and Deicide's.

tattooedsean666 said:
A person that will take them seriously are alittle whacked in the head to begin with.

At one point in your life you were an impressionable youth, right? Were you whacked because of that....I think not. You were just young and dumb and had a lot to learn.

Nobody is going to be able to convince me that after hearing hours and hours, days and days, or even years and years of hate lyrics that it's not going to have a negative effect on one's thought patterns. That's bull and you know it!

tattooedsean666 said:
while this last cd is covering alot of anti religion, slayer isn't a satanic band. They have songs covering world war II and many topics.

It comes to how you were raised. I listened to Black Sabbath at a very early age. It has many dark themes. Did that make me a bad person? I turned out to be a pretty successful well rounded person. I am an anti religious agnostic person out of choice not due to what any band told me.

Bands like Slayer or Cannibal Corpse or heck Alice Cooper are like horror movies put to music. I go to see a horror movie, get scared for 2 hours, let out some stress from my daily life, then I move on.

A person that will take them seriously are alittle whacked in the head to begin with.

I don't take issue with anyone who listens to Slayer or any other band. If that is your bag then so be it. I agree with you in that for me, listening to a King Diamond album is like seeing a horror movie or reading a scary book. No harm no foul right? My issue is not with you the listener but more with the artist. Take King Diamond, I have no issues with him because he does not claim to be a Christian. If he is content to burn in hell well so be it. My point is, he makes no bones about it and is not misleading people about what he or a particular religion is about.

A dude that calls himself a Catholic/Christian that sings music like Slayer does is not only doing his religion and God a diservice but he is also misleading others as to what is acceptable for a Christian. Most impotantly for him, his soul is at stake. Does he really belive that GOD will turn a blind eye to the music he has sung and the image he has portrade for entertainment. That is not what faith is about. Christian means Christ like. He is not acting very Christ Like.

Upbringing is an improtant part for any youth as you suggest, however, not all youth are as strong as you are. They are not wacked in the head or maybe some of them are and this type of fuel just ads to the fire. I used to think alot like you in that I never have had music make me want to kill or commit suicide or whatever, but we are not wacked out of our minds.

Again, I don't think just by listening to these types of bands make you a bad person. That is nonsence.

I just hate that there will be those that will say, like I have heard here, well he is a Catholic so it makes it OK. Since when is he the speaker for all Catholics.

Remeber this, there are messed up people out there that just need there nob turned just a hair more to lose it. I don't think it is nieve to think that Slayer may turn that nob before a Masterplan would.

Oh yeah, I find it interesting that you are an anti religious agnostic person but you give a nod to Satan in your forum name with the 666. HHHMMMMMMMM

I find it interesting that many people say they are not religious and don't believe in God, but they love the Evil music and the music about Hell and the imagery that goes with it. HHHHMMMM, I don't belive in GOD but I love Satan. Question, would there be a Satan without GOD. It's good and Evil.