RAM reccomendations

Executioner213

Ultimate Meatbag
Sep 2, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.facebook.com
I'm looking for the best deal on 2-4gb of 184pin DDR ram, dual channel. I've been looking on some websites and keep finding stuff that is incredibly expensive or incredibly low rated. This is to go with my AMD Opteron dual-core system thats been dead for a while (due to shitty faulty memory).

Thanks in advance

I don't know of any specific deals right now, but I usually stick with Kingston or Corsair RAM. It's very good quallity, and not terribly expensive. Sometimes you can find the Kingston memory on sale at Fry's. For Corsair, I have to hunt around a bit more, but neither of these brands should be outrageously expensive.

Have you tried www.newegg.com?

well that ram type is old and becoming very hard to find, its expensive everywhere, so if that opteron system is still usefull, then just get what you can.

if not, easier/cheaper to upgrade to a new system.

It's a long story, but it's not currently cheaper. It was a long, expensive, part-by-part way to figure out that it was one of my RAM sticks that went bad. All I need to build another system is the RAM and a chip fan/heatsink, so I might as well just do that.