Ramos/Hugo

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Anyone familiar with this release? I've been on a melodic/aor kick here lately, so I ran across this release last night. I've listened to it several times through today and its grown on me with each listen. If you dig Journey, there's no reason not to like this! :) So far, my favorite tracks are "The Dream" and "Bring Back This Love". What say you?

~Brian~

very good album. I would recommend the latest Eclipse album if you are on an AOR kick!!!

I found Heat's S/T to eclipse both as well as the Marcello & Vestry album. I got bored with the Ramos/Hugo for the very reason that it sounded like a fake Journey down with little or no original sound.

I say Holy Shit!

I'd lost track of Hugo over the years.

I saw him with Open Skyz, one of his former bands, in St. Louis in the mid to late 1990s. Absolutely kicked my ass. Their cover of "Carry on Wayward Son" was note perfect. Hugo's voice is every bit as good as Steve Perry's -- and that's saying a lot. Perry is my favorite vocalist of all time.

I'm going to have to check into this release.

Thanks for the heads up!

Bill

I say Holy Shit!

I'd lost track of Hugo over the years.

I saw him with Open Skyz, one of his former bands, in St. Louis in the mid to late 1990s. Absolutely kicked my ass. Their cover of "Carry on Wayward Son" was note perfect. Hugo's voice is every bit as good as Steve Perry's -- and that's saying a lot. Perry is my favorite vocalist of all time.

I'm going to have to check into this release.

Thanks for the heads up!

Bill

I've probably listened to this four or five times through over the last few days. I've noticed something new with each listen. The melodies are subtle, but first class!

~Brian~