Random theological stuff - moved from Q about God

hell no, I'd want a ground to air missle so I could blast your cloud seeder to the ground and stop you from fucking with nature. Im spirtual that way plus it keeps things more equal

naw just me going for balance and possibility of providing unknowing Christians with hellfire and brimstone

or possibly spured by the approach of the 4th of July where Americans will again get together and appease their lying minds that we are indeed independent

and the sparks shall fall from the sky

because all lies are not equal

Ah yeah I can't stand false independence. Just like these service stations around here think they're somehow apart from the big fuel companies. But the fuel companies sell them fuel. I once bought some fuel. Put it in my motorbike and rode around for a while, free from the tyranny of big business for those scant few hours. Then I parked and it all started over again.

Bring on the brimstone. Though I prefer coffee.

I am agnostic. I believe that no one is capable of knowing who/what exactly God is or if he/it even exists. They only have theories. There are many people who think so hard on their theories that the convince themselves that they are undeniable facts. They then try to help solve the world's problems by trying to convince as many people as possible that these "facts" are, indeed, facts. They usually end up causing more problems than they solve.

Pat - Are you also agnostic as to the existence of the great FSM, unicorns, and trees of gold?

If you deny their possible existence, why?

If you accept their possible existence - don't you think it'd be simpler just to deny it until some evidence emerges?

oh, I've seen that thing soaring through the mountain valleys and to be honest I believe it ate the Unicorn and is responsible for various missing persons.

People are psyched about the idea of the world ending in 2012 or any time soon due to a lot of stupid documentaries circling in social networks and so on.
Sometimes I wonder if it's ME who's stupid for NOT believing in such crap :erk:

Sounds more to me like "Tom" is talking about the Jehova Witnesses. They believe indications mentioned in the bible of the end of these times and new coming of the Kindom of God or Jesus is near. Its been awhile since I talked in depth to one but I forget how they explained that against the idea that their is supposed to be a thousand or hundred years peace even before that. Regardless you aint getting into the Kingdom if you dont take the Lord and Jesus into your heart and testify before you die.

I humorously question if this period of peace is why the Jews and Muslims refuse to stop fighting, fear of what comes after the "peace"

Acording to the Jehovas the Jews will not be allowed into the Kingdom due to their refusal to acknowledge Jesus Christ and the new testament. This also goes for anyone who does not take Jehova(God) and Jesus into their hearts and bare witness for Jehova. THis is why they go around knocking on doors trying to convert people. This is how they prove their worthyness because the bible says we need be prophets of the Lord and bear witness to his words/teachings and existance.

I enjoyed conversations with them for awhile, its educational, about 15-20 years ago but quickly realized the more I talked to them the more often they stopped by, so I had to start turning them away immeadiatly by telling them, no way, stop trying. Also one is a good aquantence of mine and knows Im a unconvertable waste of time.

I can believe the end is near though, near as in the larger time frame I dont believe we have another 1000 years left. I think we'll be consumed by the environment, when the ice is gone this will be a uninhabital planet and we will fry under our own sun.

Africans and Equadorians will survive however, pushed to the far north and south of the planet....

Me... Im waiting for Scotty to beam me up

"peace baby"

1. I was reading a research article that I picked up when I was at the Northeastern Evolutionary Psychology Society Conference and it said that people who are very dominantly right handed were more likely to be extremely religious, because the corpus collosum (area that connects both hemispheres) was weakened and made it more difficult for them to incorporate new information if there was a conflict with what they already believed. Consequently, they were "stuck" believing either what they learned first (what they were told as children), or whatever was easier to believe without putting forth effort toward critical analysis of said belief.

2. I know a guy through another forum who became Christian as a teenager and was extremely defensive about his position because we "didn't know what he had been through." One of his arguments was that he knew God was real because when he thought about Jesus, he felt loved and he insisted that there was no psychological term to explain how people can feel that way, or scientific basis for how he felt, which clearly meant that it was God. I replied that the word "conditioning" was in fact a common word in the vocabulary of psychologists and that it could easily be explained as mild, undiagnosed schizophrenia or some other form of psychosis. He never posted in that thread again.

my understanding is that the corpus collosum is stronger in left-handed people

people who "feel" the Christian "God" "inside" them are usually experiencing some sort of undiagnosed psychosis