Random theological stuff - moved from Q about God

I personally think that all these Holy Documents and texts are only Holy because someone said they were, the concept of God changes from each person to the next, which is to say that the image of God is moulded by our own mind.
Humans need to feel like they're part of a bigger picture, it doesn't matter if you athiest or a religious person, but everyone believes in something so God is something we build in our own minds to kind of justify the world around us. Then someone comes along and writes a text about what they conceive to be this "God", and some may say, "hey, this dude has some mayor points" and there starts a religion.
So not all malice is an act of God, because each person has got their own personal idea of God.
The idea that God is Omnipotent, omnipresent ETC. Is only somebody else's idea of God, I might think that God is some old guy who lives in a cave and created the world by clicking his fingers and hasn't really been outside much since.
Either way, mainstream religion has many faults and flaws, as does atheism, if only we could get the best of both worlds :)

No it wasn't. It's thoses people who come and knock on your door.

Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses both go door to door. Jehovah's Witnesses hand out Watchtower magazines. Mormons are dressed in white shirts and they typically have badges that say "I am and Elder in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints".

I really can't believe how people can be this ignorant, really.
Do you fucking know what fucking Jihad means for fuck sake?
It's funny and sad at the same time how words are taken out of their context and used to scare people. What the fuck.

am i getting this word mixed up with somethiing else?

The idea that God is Omnipotent, omnipresent ETC. Is only somebody else's idea of God, I might think that God is some old guy who lives in a cave and created the world by clicking his fingers and hasn't really been outside much since.

yeah
this seems more realistic than the Judeo-Christian portrayal of their "God"

If I remember correctly... human sacrifice was an integral part of Mayan ritual. :loco:

yeah
but they only killed one person at a time
they didn't try to do the genocide thing like when the Catholic Pope tried to kill all the Muslims durring The Crusades

yeah
they didn't try to do the genocide thing like when the Catholic Pope tried to kill all the Muslims durring The Crusades

The Catholic Church did not attempt to kill all the Muslims... indeed how would that have even been possible? The Catholic Church tried to take back the 'Holy Land' from the Muslims who were in control of it.
In any case my point still stands... Mayan religion just like Islam or Christianity has more than its share of blood on its hands.

yeah
The Maya, Inca and Aztek tribes all killed more than "one person at a time," but they never tried to exterminate or displace entire populations. Even the people who were killed were killed more or less for mass entertainment, sort of like slaves in the Roman colossium, buth with a religious twist and without the possibility of those marked for death to earn their freedom. If you watch the movie "Apocalypto," the human sacrifice scene is fairly accurate.