An article I read...considered as blasphemous.

NietjeTuck

New Metal Member
Dec 22, 2005
Milton Keynes
1. God transcends physics and probability, and in turn logic. Such as the ability to create a square circle, or make two plus two equal five, because God is not bound by any limitations.

2. God can and does intervene in the world, creating miracles, but cannot rewrite the laws of physics.

3. God was originally able to intervene in the world, to transcend physics and logic, and did so when he created the universe, and then essentially promised himself not to do so anymore in order to give humans free will. Gods miracles are rare, and always hidden to prevent humanity from knowing and thus being overwhelmed by his existence and in turn removing free will.

4. Certain philosophers who arose in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam during the middle ages believe God never interrupts the set laws of nature; once set they are never repealed, as God never changes his mind.

"These philosophers envisioned a connection between the realm of the physical and the intellectual. All physical events are held to be the results of "intellects", some of which are human, some of which are "Angels". These intellects can interact in such a way as to seemingly violate the laws of nature. Since God himself created the universe and the laws therein, this is how God works in the world. However, God does not actively intervene in a temporal sense."

5. God does not transcend the laws of physics or logic, and his omnipotence is measured by his knowledge and mastery of these laws to which he is also subject. Miracles are simply examples of God's perfect knowledge of these laws, and his ability to make use of it. It is with this view that the stone paradox is explained.

The Stone Paradox Explained:

The omnipotent being is essentially omnipotent, and therefore it is impossible for it to be non-omnipotent. Furthermore, the omnipotent being cannot do what is logically impossible. Creation of a stone which the omnipotent being cannot lift would be an impossibility, and therefore the omnipotent being is not required to do such a thing. The omnipotent being cannot create such a stone, but nevertheless retains its omnipotence.

6. God has no boundaries, like physics or the natural laws of the world. The bible teaches us that if we could imagine the greatest things possible with God, he still can go beyond that which we could imagine- This is the predominant Christian view.

Using the regular ambiguous definition of omnipotence, why would God create the Universe, why would he create man? Apparently it all started in the garden of Eden, after much sex, acid, and blackjack, someone indulged in a lovely little apple- this is where things went sour. A few years later Jesus shows up, who after being crucified, absolved all humanity of its original sin- things have been going great since.

What happened to everyone who died before Christ? Are they burning in hell? Women and children, all because they weren't born before Christ?

Why would God, who knows everything that has or is going to happen, even create man in the first place? He would know far ahead of time something was going to go wrong, and you'd think he would take action to disallow this... of course by doing this it inherently means he didn't know what was going to happen. Why would god be so pissed at humanity to send millions to hell simply because Christ came a tad late?

Did we, as mankind, somehow disengage from God's sphere of Knowledge, and precognitive abilities? If we have then God is not omnipotent, which is far more important than asking him to lift stones. If we did manage to slip outside God's proverbial sphere it becomes apparent we killed god.

A few thousand years ago the corpus callosums was essentially non-existent, so that the left and right hemispheres of the cerebral cortex were unable to communicate with one another. This leaves two virtually independent individuals. It is widely believed that the Greeks, Romans, and those before them heard the voice of their ego- such that a person would hear "god" or a guiding voice, instead of the simple inner monologue we have today that is easily discerned as ones conscious.

Moses might have spoke with god, he might also have been hearing his ego- which due to his disposition would have seemed like god.

Then there is the Gnosis. Where, whether by good or bad intention, Jesus and his gang set out purposefully to do what was done. Jesus was nailed to the cross, but taken down and replaced by the apostles after some bribes, who then wrapped him in the real shroud of Turin, allowing Jesus to heal and "rise" later.

Regardless of the beginnings, or his factuality, this God character has caused ages of needless pain and suffering. This is all probably due to the good intentions of a few men a long time ago, who knew the value of a good martyr, and wanted to give hope to people in a time of roman fascism and blight- all whilst inspiring them to live as honourable men

When one objectively looks at all the worlds religions, you can see how they've changed to often favour certain parties, or further agendas, yet remain essentially the same. Of course they can all justify killing each other over religious beliefs that are essentially the same.

To people like me this is so absolutely ridiculous it makes me feel overwhelmed by stupidity that is the apparent human condition.

Why cannot we as mankind unite under Science, update religion to revolve around science. Free to worship whatever entity you want, but understanding that God created physics, and logic for us to accept. You can still pray, even I see the value in it, nothing really changes except discarding age old explainations for things we couldn't then, but can now, explain.

Why would God create the universe for us not to explore and understand it, is it a test? Is it the same reason we die in his name, faith?

These fourty virgins guarenteed to followers of Islam, are they conscious? Are they real in the sense of being human? What type of God would give fourty virgins to someone unless these virgins didn't have a conscious? He would be essentially forcing them to fuck, and agaisnt their will. That is unless god changes their will, in which case they become automatons, denying them of something we all share. Surely that is not a honourable trait. But maybe they are perpetual virgins sent from hell as sex slaves? How can anyone follow a religion with these questions? What do women in the middle-east think of Islam... oh wait, they aren't allowed to think!

When Osama dies and finds out that the Sun was infact god, he's gonna be pretty pissed. Or what if God is in the form of a Black female? Some Klansmen are gonna be upset.

I figured you guys may be interested. How anyone can devote themselves to dogmatism is beyond me, so this was a pretty neat read for me.

PS: New poster, I know. However if my rank among the boards is governed by the amount of posts I have, rather than the content of them, then I may aswell leave.

There's alot of good points in here, but there's one crucial factor that is missing here that would get even closer to the point: Where did these kinds of farfetch'd ideas of Dogmatism come from in the fisrt place? But that is another topic, for another time.

NietjeTuck said:
1. God transcends physics and probability, and in turn logic.

Disagreed; if such meta-logic existed, there would be precursors in existing logic.

Also, this article runs into linguistic trouble. What about those who believe in God-ness, but not personification? We assume God is a being like us; what if it is a force, as "godhead" in the Bhagavad-Gita?