random thoughts of the day

Those are very minor tweaks, and additions. Nothing substantially improved or drastically changed. They made a big deal about being a big daddy, but it's essentially no different from playing Jack. Delta is a very weak model big daddy, and it doesn't take much to bring him down. It's not like you're really noticeably slower to begin with either; not to mention you get that fleet foot perk right off the bat anyhow. Also the under water sections were another thing they had touted, but really there was only short instances of point A to point B. If 2K wants to keep milking it as a franchise then they're going to need to do something besides stand in the original game's shadow.

yeah i see your point. i suppose at the same time though its not like they could do a completely different game.

the drill charge was fun though :p

but yeah, i did notice that its not incredibly different. good game though, and playing as a big sis probably wont be good (assuming thats what you do), it would be hard to play moving that fast and jumping on walls would be hard haha

saw a guy in corpsepaint at university yesterday

awesome

They're stuck between a rock, and a hard place trying to build a franchise out of a game like Bioshock. The reason being that the biggest trait of the game is Rapture itself. If take Rapture out of the equation it's not quite Bioshock, but on the other hand if you keep reusing the same location it loses all it's freshness that made it so unique. Their smartest move would have been to wait for the next gen consoles to make a sequel. Imagine Rapture with graphics as good as the ending cgi cut scene. Shit would blow your mind! But of course it all comes down to them wanting to cash in while the getting is good instead of seeing things as a long term.

As for being a big daddy or little sister, they used it as a gimmick for BS2. Like hey, look you get to be a big daddy the entire game! Only thing is, if they give you an over powered character the game would lose all it's challenge, which is why they gimped Delta. The first game got it right only allowing you to be a real deal big daddy for a short period. So if they let you be a big sister next game I'd hope they'd do the right thing, and take a note from the first game. Next game you could start as a big sis, but quickly lose all your powers, and have to regain them back throughout the game. A lot of sequels are designed that way.

I have just returned from my trip in Poland and Germany and it was amazing!!!! My Polish friend and I "got along" extremely well while I was there so i'm flying back over to see her again in a few weeks. She's amazing. :)