random thoughts of the day

Ehm, it's not a competition between me and Slayer. I would never dare to "think" it's better than Slayer's version, it's just my interpretation of the song (just for fun). Furthermore, everyone's entitled to their opinion, including noctambulant!

Ehm, it's not a competition between me and Slayer. I would never dare to "think" it's better than Slayer's version, it's just my interpretation of the song (just for fun). Furthermore, everyone's entitled to their opinion, including noctambulant!

i know, i meant no insult to you...

I don't think anyone insinuated a competition, and I'm no Slayer die hard/purist fan type...everyone is entitled to their own opinions or whatever....but a cover better than the bands version just doesn't make sense to me. Didn't the band, at the time, and I'm saying any band, mark out to make the song the best they could have the first time around, not thinking 20 years later some kids that weren't even born when the song came out were going to make it better?

It's no attack, it's just in general. I do these things when I've been up for almost 2 days with about 3 hours of sleep :)

I almost want Aura Noir to do a cover of Black Magic, would sound pretty rough and trashy.

I obviously agree with you, and I wasn't insulted, I just meant to say that if noctambulant thinks it's better, who are we to discuss her taste? I'll just take it as a compliment :p
I do like old Slayer, but I gotta say Hypocrisy's version of Black Magic, is one of the greatest covers I've ever heard.

Ok just making sure, you never know on the internet sometimes, heh. And yeah I know, people have different tastes and all...just some things kinda get to me, and I have to say/type something. Oh well, no harm done.

And yeah, that Hypocrisy cover is pretty good. But for me, when it comes to covers, I like hearing bands from complete opposite ends of the spectrum doing them. I find it way more interesting. And I know it isn't metal, but Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt, is neato.

Ok just making sure, you never know on the internet sometimes, heh. And yeah I know, people have different tastes and all...just some things kinda get to me, and I have to say/type something. Oh well, no harm done.

And yeah, that Hypocrisy cover is pretty good. But for me, when it comes to covers, I like hearing bands from complete opposite ends of the spectrum doing them. I find it way more interesting. And I know it isn't metal, but Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt, is neato.

Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt is also one of the most beautiful and heart wrenching songs I've had the pleasure to hear.

But for me, when it comes to covers, I like hearing bands from complete opposite ends of the spectrum doing them. I find it way more interesting. And I know it isn't metal, but Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt, is neato.

yeah, I can't stand covers that sound like carbon copies of the original song.

I love Type O covers......