random thoughts of the day

Hahaha. That was so awesome. Getting on all the fanboy's nerves in every thread. Good times :lol:

Who would have thought one cd would have caused such a commotion? Looking back it doesn't seem like such a big deal, but people were pissed. Split that whole scene, and bands started imitating even after they saw the huge backlash the band got. I guess they made a shite load of new fans in the process though.

Wasn't that what all the albums have been ever since? I don't even know what their last record is called.

@ moosy; um, i cry when watching emotional films AND i cry when i fail at life sometimes.. but i'm sane and not emo. ;D
also.. not every single tough situation makes me cry.

DAMMMMN, it's friggin' cold. and i've been drinking since 2 am. which isn't really usual for me.
but i had a great day with great people and i was at a party/pub/bar where there was a metal party and when i came in... the DJ started playing Katatonia for me : D

anyway, gonna take a hot shower now and take some good sleep. i'm dead tired and shaking 'cause of the cold.

yeah..you fall in the normal category then...damn, which makes the theory already kind of silly. To make it even more silly this theory was based on an older theory about two kinds of people (!!). One kind of people get grossed out of gory scenes in films, those people don't get grossed out as much from real blood and yes, the same goes oppocite way. The theory is has been tested on 2 people so far. So yes, bad science..heh.

Damn, if a DJ ever did that for anyone over here, I guess they had to look...good, be very good friend or be very cool? What song did he play?

So, what kind of news have you been tangled up into? Bar fight?

bluh, i don't wanna be normal. can i be spezhul? pwiezzee?
or yes, you're theory just fails alot.

Well, me and that DJ guy just have a katatonia-relationship hahaha. so when i come in, we usually talk about katatonia... and nothing else. oh yeah, also Opeth ^^.
+ he gave me free drinks all night long. /win!

umm... i wish it was a bar fight haha. that'd be funny. especially with a picture while catfighting.
nah, um... the news was about the youth who love Haarlem (my hometown & i do love it 'cause the metalscene is great) and i was just taking photo's and meeting the major.. and the next day i'm in the newspaper. not nice.

yess, the results are depressing. Home #1 just escaped the fremskritspartiet and home #2 is soon to be run by CDU and FDP.. and home #3 is already insane.

guido-westerwelle_72dpi1.jpg

the next foreign-minister... were doomed -.-

What do you study Lord Byron? I wish we had lectures in my college, i really enjoyed the ones released by The Teaching Company !

Fucking motionless tiring weekend trying to fix my computer and install ubuntu :erk: and tomorrow i start my algebra courses omg :(

Yeah but if I can't succeed academically without them, give me another alternative, because I don't want to work at fucking Walmart the rest of my life.:/

Just out curiosity, what med do you use? How long have you used it?
Not gonna play doctor...much here. Just very interested. Hope it gets better!

Started out with Adderall a few weeks ago at the start of the semester, then after noticing no effects, switched to concerta (aka ritalin).

Personally, I initiated the prescription because I'm starting my first year at college, and I want to have every safety net available. I only take the meds on days I have classes (2 days of the week), because I have class all day on those days.

So far, it seems to work at the beginning. The jolt of electricity I feel is enough to make my brain stay focused on something for a longer period of time. The after effects make it difficult to sleep, and my appetite is greatly reduced (not a bad thing).

Eh... not sure really what I think about it right now tbh.
Hope I answered your questions.

What do you study Lord Byron? I wish we had lectures in my college, i really enjoyed the ones released by The Teaching Company !

Fucking motionless tiring weekend trying to fix my computer and install ubuntu :erk: and tomorrow i start my algebra courses omg :(

I'm doing an Arts Degree. Basically you pick 4 subjects to study from a list of around 20 or so. You study the 4 for your first year and then when you get into your 2nd year you get rid of 2 of the subjects. You pick which 2 subjects you want to major in etc. At the moment i'm doing History, Psychology, Sociology and The Study of Religions. After my 1st year i'll be continuing on with Psychology but I haven't decided what my second subject will be. I have a year to decide anyway!

Started out with Adderall a few weeks ago at the start of the semester, then after noticing no effects, switched to concerta (aka ritalin).

Personally, I initiated the prescription because I'm starting my first year at college, and I want to have every safety net available. I only take the meds on days I have classes (2 days of the week), because I have class all day on those days.

So far, it seems to work at the beginning. The jolt of electricity I feel is enough to make my brain stay focused on something for a longer period of time. The after effects make it difficult to sleep, and my appetite is greatly reduced (not a bad thing).

Eh... not sure really what I think about it right now tbh.
Hope I answered your questions.

You're obviously a bright guy, when you think about this in advance. Just have to give you that.

I would talk to my doctor about it. Not sure it's such a good idea to take the pills just now and then, but again, I don't know what you've talked with your doctor about before. The second thing that hits me (after reading about ritalin) is the dosage. I see that the most normal dose is 20-30 mg taken about twice a day, but some get good effect with just 10-15 mg only taken once a day.
Never take above 60 mg a day. You should start with a low dosage and increase over a period of time. For people with sleeping problems, it's said that you shouldn't take the last dosage after 18:00. Be careful with this stuff..please. yea, you know ;)