Rank The Maiden Albums

royboy

Jan 23, 2005
Where the slime live
I havent seen one of these type of post here recently, so im making one. Also I just recently completed my Maiden album collection, except for the Blaze ones. Rank all the maiden albums . Im not including Blaze because I never was able to force myself to get through listening competely to any of his albums and I dont own any, you could add them if you want.

1.Number Of the Beast
2. Somewhere in Time
3. Powerslave
4. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
5. Piece Of Mind
6. Iron Maiden
7. Killers
8. Fear Of the Dark
9. No Prayer For The dying
10. Brave New World
11. Dance of Death

1. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The really good songs make up for some that aren't as good (like Can I Play With Madness). The first two songs are probably the best combonation that Maiden has in their entire catalog. The Evil that Men Do was one of my favorites early on. The ending of the title song is incredible. I love the lyrics, imagery, and songwriting skill.

2. Iron Maiden
The top 2 were the first two I ever bought. Maybe that's the biggest reason I like them so much. It sounds like they had the most energy when they were starting out. The Phantom of the Opera is just fucking mindblowing. One of the best songs I've ever heard (that's why it was my name on the official BB for so long..). Transylvania had me floored too. I wish the Paul Di'anno stuff got more credit (as well as Clive Burr).

3. Piece of Mind
I've always considered this one in my top 3-4, but I can't really put my finger on why. Still Life, Revelations, Where Eagles Dare, The Trooper... Oh, yeah, that's why. I love to listen to the basslines on this. Some songs on this were replicated all throughout the 80s... Flight of Icarus feels like a template for some of the more dramatic sounding songs of the time. Quest for Fire is quite disgusting though.

4. Number of the Beast
More excellent bass. 22 Acacia Avenue is one of my recent favorites. Of course there's Hallowed be thy Name, which is like the meat of this album. I seem to forget how much of a landmark that song was until I listen to it. As you listen to it, you can picture them skidding around on stage like maniacs, really getting into it. So much energy, it's sick.

5. Killers
This is so fucking vintage and dirty sounding. At the same time, it has great harmonies. Fun to play a lot of these songs on guitar, especially Genghis Khan and Killers.

6. Somewhere in Time
When I listen to this all the way through, Bruce's voice gets old kind of quick. But every time they slow it down on this CD, it sounds fantastic (Like in Deja Vu, Sea of Madness, Heaven can Wait, Stranger in a Strange Land). The guitar tone goes perfectly with the mood of the whole album, I like that a lot. Bonus points just for the experimental sound.

7. Virtual XI
I like Blaze. Some of the songwriting was kind of mediocre, but he had a good voice and none of the songs were too terrible. DLTTEOAS, Lightning Strikes Twice, Educated Fool, The Clansman... Nothing wrong with any of that.

8. No Prayer for the Dying
I used to think this was my least favorite... But Fear of the Dark is much worse. Title Track, Public Enema #1, Chains of Misery, Mother Russia, all good stuff. I love the cheese dripping off of BYDTTS. And Fates Warning reminds me of music from Mega Man, so I get a kick out of it.

9. Powerslave
Kind of hit and miss for me. It seems like this is right before they really got experimental, so they're not really sure what they're going. Rime is way overrated. Powerslave is a great song though. Aces High and 2 Minutes work better live than on the album.

10. The X Factor
The second half of the CD isn't as impressive, that kind of annoys me. It's such a long CD that even with a few songs I skip mostly every time, there's enough to listen to. First three songs are good ones to play.

11. Brave New World
Ehh... I don't know. Even more hit and miss than Powerslave is, by far. Title track, Mercenary, Dream of Mirrors... Not all that enjoyable for me. TTLBLAH, Fallen Angel, Ghost of the Navigator, all great. The rest are somewhere in the middle. Bruce sounds weird on it. The bass sounds weird. Not enough triple guitar stuff. It's just.. Not what I expected I guess. The sound was just too different.

12. Fear of the Dark
A little bit on the crappy side. It started to get stagnant. Bruce didn't sound like he should have, and I felt it stank of filler. FOTD (the song) live was my favorite at one time. Judasd be my Guide is nice, but doesn't last long enough. It's like a short blast of how good this CD should have been. Chains of Misery is good fluff, like Hooks in You was. Good solo. Nothing else on it is even notable to me.

Haven't heard Dance of Death yet, and I'm still not looking forward to it that much.

There was a lot of trouble for me to try to seperate Killers, SIT, NPFTD, VXI and Powerslave. They're all so different. I feel kind of bad for putting Powerslave way down at 9.

I love these threads... I can go on about Maiden all day, but no one around here wants to.

Forgot one thing... I only own one live album, Live After Death. If I had to rank that, I'd want to put it right in the middle. I'm not much of a live album nut, but this one's nice. I just don't listen to it much because I feel the individual albums all have a flavor of their own. One that I'm dying to hear is Maiden England. It seems like it has the most songs that I'd want to hear live.

Zivilyn said:
11. Brave New World
Ehh... I don't know. Even more hit and miss than Powerslave is, by far. Title track, Mercenary, Dream of Mirrors... Not all that enjoyable for me. TTLBLAH, Fallen Angel, Ghost of the Navigator, all great. The rest are somewhere in the middle. Bruce sounds weird on it. The bass sounds weird. Not enough triple guitar stuff. It's just.. Not what I expected I guess. The sound was just too different.

My reason for putting Brave New World so low is because a lot of the songs are just streched out way too long and they become dragging and repeatitive. Like blood brothers, If Bruce didn't sing the line "were blood brothers" like a 100 times and they cut the song to 5min it might have been good. Dream of Mirrors also gets really repeatitive.

12 - Virtual XI
11 - Brave New World
10 - Fear Of The Dark
9 - No Prayer For The Dying
8 - Dance Of Death
7 - Piece Of Mind
6 - Killers
5 - The X Factor
4 - Somewhere In Time
3 - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son / NOTB
2 - Powerslave
1 - Iron Maidem

Tangerine Dreamer said:
Rank my sperm, n00b.

Read the the thread title, its called "Rank The Maiden Albums". If you want to make it a "Rank my sperm, n00b thread", you will have to create a new thread of your own, preferably in the non-metal forum. Someone who is not a n00b would have already known that.

royboy said:
Read the the thread title, its called "Rank The Maiden Albums". If you want to make it a "Rank my sperm, n00b thread", you will have to create a new thread of your own, preferably in the non-metal forum. Someone who is not a n00b would have already known that.

Shut up, dork. This thread is a clear example of n00bism if I've ever seen one. You're a n00b. This thread is n00b. Everything about you just screams: "I'm a pathetic n00b, please end my misery".
I got tired of these n00b-threads back in 2001, I don't want to see them again. Just go away, crawl into some dark corner and die. You'd do us all a favor. You're as valuable as a cup of ball sweat.

Tangerine Dreamer said:
Shut up, dork. This thread is a clear example of n00bism if I've ever seen one. You're a n00b. This thread is n00b. Everything about you just screams: "I'm a pathetic n00b, please end my misery".
I got tired of these n00b-threads back in 2001, I don't want to see them again. Just go away, crawl into some dark corner and die. You'd do us all a favor. You're as valuable as a cup of ball sweat.

Well, then this thread is for other noobs like me and others that want talk about maiden and not for you. Just like the Saxon forum is for people that want to talk about Saxon and the Testament forum is for people that want to talk about Testament. No one said you can't post if you are a noob.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

Look! no rule about newbies

Anything you say about me doesn't matter because I don't know you, I don't like you, and you are not significant to me. In fact, I don't know why your wasting my time and yours responding to my post if you are such an elite ultimate metal forum user.

Tangerine Dreamer said:
Hardly. :)

He's just way too boring for me to keep this up. Poor guy don't know how to adabt a tailor-made role.

No, actually I have better things to do than argue with some immature 28 year old who has fun by starting arguements on online forums with younger kids. So im not trying to keep this up. I don't understand how you come up with all these theories about people by reading a couple of their post. You sound like an idiot, "adabt" is not even a real word.Get a life loser. I am not going to respond to any of your post anymore loser.

By the way Tangerine Dreamer is a gay name. I would have thought you were a chick if you didn't reveal that you had sperm

There bisn't anything wrong with nOObs. Sometimes they freshen things up, and liven the place up a bit.
So well done RoyBoy. I'll play.

1. Seventh Son.......by far and away their peak, IMHO
2. Powerslave
3. Somewhere in Time
4. Piece of Mind
5. Brave New World
6. Number of the Beast
7. Fear of the Dark
8. Dance of Death
9. No Prayer for the Dying

I don't own the Di'Anno stuiff, cos he's an arse, and I don't own the Blaze stuff, cos he can't hold a note.
The end.

royboy said:
No, actually I have better things to do than argue with some immature 28 year old who has fun by starting arguements on online forums with younger kids. So im not trying to keep this up. I don't understand how you come up with all these theories about people by reading a couple of their post. You sound like an idiot, "adabt" is not even a real word.Get a life loser. I am not going to respond to any of your post anymore loser.

By the way Tangerine Dreamer is a gay name. I would have thought you were a chick if you didn't reveal that you had sperm

I'm 27, don't you know how to count? Even for a n00b you're very dumb.
Why don't you start another thread asking "who's your favorite Maiden-vocalist?" or something else that has been posted 10'000 times before, n00b? This forum is on the verge of dying and only kept alive so that people can reminiscence the good old times at the IMBB GC back in 1999-2001. It serves for no other purpose. Only a clueless n00b could think of something like this thread. I wouldn't blame you though, because all n00bs follow the same formula so you're just proving the theory.

I guess you've never heard of the band Tangerine Dream? There you go again. The most influental and inspiring electronic rock band of all time and you just don't know them. Keep proving my point, dumbass.

Ranking Iron Maiden albums is hard coz every album has a special sound deferent in a way from all the others.

1.Number Of the Beast: this is a great album and for all I know one of the most “Iron Maiden sounding albums” one of my favourites and how could we ever forget songs like children of the damned, run to the hills, hallowed be thy name and the number of the beast.

2. Somewhere in Time: this is where melody takes over, I think that most of the songs in this album including the most popular like stranger in a strange land\ and waste years were written by Adrian Smith so I believe they are more fit for his guitar plying. Ps. I am rely fond o Alexander the Great, you guess why.

3. Powerslave: An other classic Maiden album, I believe this has to do with it being written mostly by Steve Harris. Not much about this album, then songs I like are aces hight and 2 minutes to midnight (How original !)

4. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son: This is also very melodic and all the songs in it are great, my mind is set on it to have a deferent style from most Maiden albums, great guitars and a really nice slow song like infinite dreams.

5. Piece Of Mind: not much to say about this album except I love it, just like T.N.O.T.B. a very classical Maiden style work.

6. Iron Maiden: the first years were deferent, the old songs sound good even today but I think it has to do something with Paul’s vocals but for a record relished 10 years before I was born I like it very much.

7. Killers: the same deal goes here !

8. Fear Of the Dark: This is the Iron Maiden style I like most, fast and powerful songs like be quick or be dead and from here to eternity, slow emotional ballads like wasting love and afraid to shoot strangers (great guitar tunes both of them but Blaze killed a.t.s.s. with his vocals)

9. No Prayer For The dying: what remains to me from this album is the two songs by Dickinson they give a more funny style to Iron Maiden, too bad there are just two.

10. Brave New World: this was a great come back for Bruce, 3 guitars playing out standing melodies and very good lyrics. I liked 100% of the songs.

11. Dance of Death: Nice to see they haven’t lost their touch, the album has some thing from Brave New World in it when it comes to the guitar tunes but the song style is deferent, like more epic in a way. I believe the sound quality is rather good, I think that the recording was something like a live studio show.

The Blaze era is totally deferent and I have nothing to say about apart I like him better in his personal band

I think I got a bit carried away, it happens when it comes to iron maiden, sorry for making you gays undertake the torment of reading all of this.!
Thanx !

Nemesis_lxix said:
Ranking Iron Maiden albums is hard coz every album has a special sound deferent in a way from all the others.

1.Number Of the Beast: this is a great album and for all I know one of the most “Iron Maiden sounding albums” one of my favourites and how could we ever forget songs like children of the damned, run to the hills, hallowed be thy name and the number of the beast.

2. Somewhere in Time: this is where melody takes over, I think that most of the songs in this album including the most popular like stranger in a strange land\ and waste years were written by Adrian Smith so I believe they are more fit for his guitar plying. Ps. I am rely fond o Alexander the Great, you guess why.

3. Powerslave: An other classic Maiden album, I believe this has to do with it being written mostly by Steve Harris. Not much about this album, then songs I like are aces hight and 2 minutes to midnight (How original !)

4. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son: This is also very melodic and all the songs in it are great, my mind is set on it to have a deferent style from most Maiden albums, great guitars and a really nice slow song like infinite dreams.

5. Piece Of Mind: not much to say about this album except I love it, just like T.N.O.T.B. a very classical Maiden style work.

6. Iron Maiden: the first years were deferent, the old songs sound good even today but I think it has to do something with Paul’s vocals but for a record relished 10 years before I was born I like it very much.

7. Killers: the same deal goes here !

8. Fear Of the Dark: This is the Iron Maiden style I like most, fast and powerful songs like be quick or be dead and from here to eternity, slow emotional ballads like wasting love and afraid to shoot strangers (great guitar tunes both of them but Blaze killed a.t.s.s. with his vocals)

9. No Prayer For The dying: what remains to me from this album is the two songs by Dickinson they give a more funny style to Iron Maiden, too bad there are just two.

10. Brave New World: this was a great come back for Bruce, 3 guitars playing out standing melodies and very good lyrics. I liked 100% of the songs.

11. Dance of Death: Nice to see they haven’t lost their touch, the album has some thing from Brave New World in it when it comes to the guitar tunes but the song style is deferent, like more epic in a way. I believe the sound quality is rather good, I think that the recording was something like a live studio show.

The Blaze era is totally deferent and I have nothing to say about apart I like him better in his personal band

I think I got a bit carried away, it happens when it comes to iron maiden, sorry for making you gays undertake the torment of reading all of this.!
Thanx !
Your english and detail about those albums amaze me. You should review them in a professional magazine.

Tangerine Dreamer said:
I'm 27, don't you know how to count? Even for a n00b you're very dumb.
This forum is on the verge of dying and only kept alive so that people can reminiscence the good old times at the IMBB GC back in 1999-2001. It serves for no other purpose. Only a clueless n00b could think of something like this thread.

Fuck you guy. I was on that BB back in those days, and I enjoyed replying to this thread. So what if it's been done?

Do you know how much of a fucking loser you are, reminiscing about something that was basically dead four years ago? About people that only exist to you in your free time, with none of your real life friends around to witness it? Yeah, it was really cool, and I definetly understand the importance of it... But LET IT GO. Let some people post some threads about fucking IRON MAIDEN instead of acting superior because you were around to be a loser dipshit before some other guy was.

Zivilyn said:
Fuck you guy. I was on that BB back in those days, and I enjoyed replying to this thread. So what if it's been done?

Do you know how much of a fucking loser you are, reminiscing about something that was basically dead four years ago? About people that only exist to you in your free time, with none of your real life friends around to witness it? Yeah, it was really cool, and I definetly understand the importance of it... But LET IT GO. Let some people post some threads about fucking IRON MAIDEN instead of acting superior because you were around to be a loser dipshit before some other guy was.

Dude, I could care less about this shithole. Like I said earlier this place has no purpose and it's only clueless idiots like you and that other kid who give this place somekind of entertainment value. Seeing someone as stupid as you posting here makes me feel good about myself, you know? Thanks for proving my point, taking it up the ass and just being a complete dork. :wave:

P.S - What was your nickname back in 99-01?