Rapture news Baby!

Well Howdy Partners!

Your local Oklahoman Rapture Radio sun-of-a-gun Wes here.

Looks like things are really heating up with Rapture with a brand new deal with Swarm Theory Records out of Canada, our first deal with a label based in the Great White North. Also, tons of slammin' Brand New Cuts from God Forbid, Unholy Ghost, Fintroll, Nocturnal Rites and many more!

Our friends in South Africa finally made themselves known and emailed to say "Great station. Thank you. I listen all day at work." That is good advice for those of you out there who cannot find the time at home to listen. Corrupt your cubical with metal at work or at school!

Our Name-the-band-with-3-songs contest went over very well and Rapture fans got hooked up with cool prizes. Thanks for all of the entries and for those who got in too late, fear not. Our next contest includes some autographed material and t-shirts!

We want to take a minute and thank the masses of Texas listeners tuning in, thanks to the help of our friends at Extreme Texas Metal. Keep tuning in as we will soon have many local Texas bands playing!

We also received many emails from listeners who just wanted to help out with distributing flyers and promotiong Rapture on their favorite messageboards as well. Thanks a ton! That is what we are all about--Family. And welcome to the family.

If you want a banner for your signature on boards or if you just want to link it up to your favorite site, the banner is now available at the webpage.

Studio November, our official studio for Rapture commercials, has been getting buried with requests for commercials and station ID's. The rates are unbeatable, so if you need a commercial for your label or band and you want it done professionally, contact studionovember@aol.com.

Just a quick note about our magazine sponsors UNRESTRAINED! and Black Hole Magazine. These are both quality zines that would appreciate your business and Rapture does not support crap, so trust me when I tell you these zines are quality. Check out their websites and subscribe to these zines. They chose Rapture as their official station, so hook 'em up with your support!

Our Webmistress is having computer problems but promises a web page update this Monday with four new reviews online!

If you are wondering about our stats and how we are doing against the competition.... We are currently at #22 and pushing for higher stats. Last month we had a total of 1096 listening hours. This month we have 1715, so that is quite an improvement. Keep logging on and keep it playing 24/7.

I do invite all of you to check out our t-shirts and also to say hello on the Rapture forum!

Here is the top 10, Baby!

1.Without Face-Sands of Time
2.Iron Maiden-Stranger in a Strange Land
3.Susperia-I Am Pain
4.Dead To Fall-The Price of a Good Impression
5.Goatwhore-Graveyards and Dead Angels
6.Incantation-Sacreligious Apocalypse
7.Katatonia-Sulpher
8.Built To Last-Mistakes Made
9.Emperor-Tongue of Fire
10.Prototype-Live A Lie

If you are not a Rapture listener, Log ON and find out why we are becoming the standard in Metal Internet Radio!

Until next week............

Wes/Staff-Rapture

Visit RR website: www.xraptureradiox.net (remove x's)
Listen to RR: www.live365.com/stations/wesjaques?play
Visit RR Forum: www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=287

If you want to be removed from this mailing list, reply with "remove" as the subject.

If you are a label/band and want your music played on Rapture, send a cd/demo to:

Wes Jaques
1932 E. Lindsey, #212
Norman, OK 73071