Rate my Mix - Scissors61 DI's inside

the guitars sound weird to me, and the mix lacks a little energy.
guitars to me just scream amp sim.
Yea man I see wat you're saying about the amp sim thing, like it is kinda obvious it's a sim, but I really dig that sound...mainly just for this style of music, and djent of course. It just adds a degree of brutality that isn't often attained through conventional methods. imho

Yea man I see wat you're saying about the amp sim thing, like it is kinda obvious it's a sim, but I really dig that sound...mainly just for this style of music, and djent of course. It just adds a degree of brutality that isn't often attained through conventional methods. imho

yeah i would disagree lol, here is my mix i used my 5150 with a mesa cab single sm57 i would say this sounds more aggressive then the amp seem takes, there still solid mix's, just the whole amp sim i'm not sold on for using in this style of hardcore. Not saying mine is better or anything or bashing the mix, im just basing this off of guitar tone.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/Broken jaw mix 4 final.mp3

yeah i would disagree lol, here is my mix i used my 5150 with a mesa cab single sm57 i would say this sounds more aggressive then the amp seem takes, there still solid mix's, just the whole amp sim i'm not sold on for using in this style of hardcore. Not saying mine is better or anything or bashing the mix, im just basing this off of guitar tone.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/Broken jaw mix 4 final.mp3
I think it just comes down to personal tastes. I listened to your mix tho and it sounds legit dude. you're light years ahead of me production wise so i can't say much. haha

I think it just comes down to personal tastes. I listened to your mix tho and it sounds legit dude. you're light years ahead of me production wise so i can't say much. haha

haha thanks dude, yeah i like to use pod farm for some things im just not a big fan of it for really heavy stuff, but i do like sims and axe fx for djent stuff for sure.

honestly i just think to me its the matter of pod farm(or whatever amp sim you were using), i always feel amp sims are weak compared to real amps.

you could try getting a bigger bass tone.
Like i said tho thats just my thoughts, it might not be anyone else's.

how are you EQing the guitars?