Rate my Zombie Inc (In Flames) mix

First step would be the bass sound for sure. It's one of the most important aspects of the In Flames sound and it's totally lacking in this mix. I'd probably track the leads a bit tighter and pan then harmonized as well.

First step would be the bass sound for sure. It's one of the most important aspects of the In Flames sound and it's totally lacking in this mix. I'd probably track the leads a bit tighter and pan then harmonized as well.

Yeah Bass VSTi's never did the job for me. I've got an Ibanez Bass with EMG's, just didn't summon enough energy to record it. I'll give it a shot.

Chui de Montreal aussi en passant ;) a l'universite de Montreal (Polytechnique plutot)

Not trying to be a dick, but this being one of my favorite In Flames' songs, 95% of the riffs are played wrong.

As soon as the first verse kicks in it's like, where's the riff? The backing rythym is there, but the main riff isn't.

This song wa learned (by ear) and recorded over 3 days, so i know its not perfect, but 95% is exagerated isn't it ?

Either way, playing aside, what are your opinions on the guitar tone and the drums ?

This song wa learned (by ear) and recorded over 3 days, so i know its not perfect, but 95% is exagerated isn't it ?

Like I said, wasn't trying to hurt your feelings or anything. But, no, it wasn't exaggerated.

The intro and parts of the solo are the only parts even remotely close.