Rate This Mix Guys

The voice needs more compression and less "radio" effect, the guitars need more volume and less gain. Snare sounds a bit weak.

I love the kick.

Ok, I'll try some of that. Funny you should say that about the vocals. I have a 10:1 ratio on them and I'm really smashing them, and they still sound weak and wavering. I'll have to try something new there. I can't help the guitar gain though since he didn't send me a DI.

sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you upload a file to share with people like that? thanks

are you using an amp simulator ?
sounds great

To be honest, I'm not sure how the guitars were recorded. I got the files as you hear them now (except for drums which had to be replaced) and I didn't bother to ask if they were amp sims or mic'd. Since they self-recorded this I would bet on them being amp sims.

Since the first post the band wanted some changes so this is where it ended up for the final mix.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1868665/GoodToKnow_Master2.wav

ahaha hold up
are you using a super shifter or whatever its called by Boss on that harmony solo?
the pedal that has the 5 different options for effects?
i can tell your either using that or something that i havnt seen or heard of yet that sounds exactly like that pedal :p

maybe you should have done the solo harmonies naturally
thats my input
but great sounding stuff nonetheless

ahaha hold up
are you using a super shifter or whatever its called by Boss on that harmony solo?
the pedal that has the 5 different options for effects?
i can tell your either using that or something that i havnt seen or heard of yet that sounds exactly like that pedal :p

maybe you should have done the solo harmonies naturally
thats my input
but great sounding stuff nonetheless

Yeah I would have pushed for natural harmonies too had I tracked this, but that's the way the solo was bounced down when they sent me the tracks. But to answer your question, I do believe it is something like that boss pedal or the digitech whammy they recorded it through to get those harmonies.