Rate this song!

Pipsymbol

May 19, 2008
Croatia/Osijek
hi guys,
my first "rate my stuff" post here!

the band is called war-head and most of the stuff was done by ourselves.
please give us some comments so we can improve the quality of this recording.

many thanks!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7602645/War-Head-Free2010v3.mp3

recording info:
Guitars:
Charvel with EMG 81 - Mesa Dual rec, Framus Cobra, Engl Blackmoore, Krankenstein, through Fender MH and Framus Cobra Cab - SM57
Bass:
Handmage bass with active EMG - Ashdown MAG 500 Evo II, through 8x10" ashdown cab - SM57, MD421, DI
Drums:
Sonor Force 2007 birch double set, reinforced with multiple samples.
Vox:
Rode NT1-A

All in all that mix need some work,

how did you mic the cabs? and definately work on your tone,

the snare is rather nice though but that kick needs a little less "click"

TNX for the comment!

only thing i didn't do myself was the reamping. so i'm not sure how was it done...
currently i can't do reamping myself so i have to stick with what i have...

someone fancy doing reamping for me? it's 4 rhythm guitars only :)

as for the kick I agree and will fix that.

Use a subkick sample to fatten the Kick up... Eq it a little less high end... Vocals feel like they are on another level from the band drop them into the mix instead of on the mix... Parallel Compress the guitars and give them more mids... Drums need to be bussed to a reverb the feel like they have no room to breathe... Other than that i liked it for the most part... Toms need some work too...

Use a subkick sample to fatten the Kick up... Eq it a little less high end... Vocals feel like they are on another level from the band drop them into the mix instead of on the mix... Parallel Compress the guitars and give them more mids... Drums need to be bussed to a reverb the feel like they have no room to breathe... Other than that i liked it for the most part... Toms need some work too...

many thanks!
this really gives me some idea where to work at!