RATE WHAT THE PERSON ABOVE IS LISTENING TO THREAD

Haha, im not that easily offended man. But I can understand your point too of course. Im also a huge horror movie fan, but I think there are lots of good horror movies still beeing released today. Even though they have traded the atmosphere with blood and gore for most films. Not that it matters to me ;)

^Thorns song 8/10. Hope they are putting out something new in the future.

Next:

Last edited by a moderator:
5/10 They just dont have a chance on the bigger and better folk metal bands out there.

Next:

Haha, im not that easily offended man. But I can understand your point too of course. Im also a huge horror movie fan, but I think there are lots of good horror movies still beeing released today. Even though they have traded the atmosphere with blood and gore for most films. Not that it matters to me ;)

You obviously haven't delved that far into old school horror movies then. Some of them are about three times as gory compared to today's standards and don't use any of that CGI nonsense, which I think ruined horror films.

You obviously haven't delved that far into old school horror movies then. Some of them are about three times as gory compared to today's standards and don't use any of that CGI nonsense, which I think ruined horror films.

I dont know what movies you are thinking about, but...
When I hear the word "old school" horror I think about classics like "Freaks" and tons of other vintage\hammer horror classics. That is for me old school horror classics. I also love the elder rape n`revenge flicks like "I spit on your grave", "Thriller" and "Last house on the left." When it comes to todays flicks we got shit like Audition, Martyrs, Inside, August Underground triology, Guinea Pig series, Grotesque, Naked Blood and other awsome bloody flicks. The less CGI the better, but I can stand a bit of that also. I could write xx sites about old school horror to todays classics, but I think Ill stop here. So maybe its you who havnt been delved far into todays horror flicks? Cause there are lots of good stuff out there now as ever;)

Oh, well a lot of that stuff isn't really what I'd call "modern". I'm talking about post-2000 movies where CGI is behind all the gore effects.

Even then, there are 80s flicks that are gorier than movies from the 90s. They Don't Cut the Grass Anymore is probably the goriest movie I've ever seen (as well as one of the worst movies I've ever seen, in the best way possible of course).

Haha, so true. What a horrible (yet entertaining) piece of shit that movies is. Have not seen it in years though.

Horror is like metal in many ways; it wavers in and out of the mainstream and the older the genre gets, the less reputable works are released. Just as metal had what some will call a "golden age" with traditional, somewhat tame acts such as Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Motorhead, Rainbow etc. and then became progressively more extreme introducing a whole new era of greatness with Death, Morbid Angel, Repulsion, Darkthrone and Emperor, the evolution of horror has been somewhat similar. There was the first wave of masterpieces in the 1930s like Browning's Dracula, Whale's Frankenstein and Halperin's White Zombie followed a few decades later by a fresh and extreme second wave consisting of now canonized films like Suspiria, Rosemary's Baby and Psycho. Of course in the cracks of these cinematic explosions there were many great films released like Night of the Demon and The Horror of Dracula. If you look at the state of modern horror cinema (particularly American), it is nothing to be proud of. Sure, there are the occasional standouts like James Wan's Saw and Raimi's Drag Me to Hell (CGI galore for you naysayers), but the vast majority are watered down remakes of modern Asian classics designed to scare the shit out of 13 year old girls on their first dates. The metal mainstream is no better. For every one Mastodon, there are 5 36 Crazyfists to deal with. I hold both of the subategories of wonderful media close to my heart, which is why I feel so deeply embarassed that they refuse to live up to their true potential (If you ever seen Polanski's Repulsion or listened to Repulsion's Horrified you understand what I mean)

Cool post.

As far as I'm concerned, metal and horror have always gone hand in hand. Unfortunately, the majority of modern horror coincides with modern trends in metal. Both seem more superficial.

Im for sure the biggest Saw fan on this forum, but Drag Me to Hell was bad. Shame on Sam Raimi for that one.

On topic, I just repost my "still unrated" song:

I can at least appreciate the first Saw, though I didn't like how it was executed. The sequels are obvious cash-in attempts.

4/10.

Cash-in attempts or not, I think they have done a great job story wise with the little time they have between each film. Except the 5th one wich is extremly mediocre and boring. Last one was great though.

OT: Excrement - Corpse Fucking Art 7/10

Next: