RATE WHAT THE PERSON ABOVE IS LISTENING TO THREAD

it wasnt at all

it sounded like the band 'Hair Of The Dog', only lazier

theres a ton of sabbath-esque bands, some quite good. none really inventive or original in any way

but Destrage is highly original and mix quite a few different styles in an unique way

The opening instrumental from this Hair Of The Dog album was really cool, had an awesome epic feel to it, then the second track came in and totally demonstrated why the band would choose that horrible album art. Just another hipstery hippie throwback band.

I already know Orchid though, they suck in my opinion. Not at a fan at all, especially the vocals. Hot topic hippie metal.

They don't even really sound like Black Sabbath, if they did they would sound good. They don't sound like Zodiac either.

Sure they're not original, but musical originality is not one of my favourite musical qualities to begin with. The bands you linked completely lack emotion and passion, it's shallow hippie metal for people that dream about flared trousers and hairy muffed women.

Zodiac have a certain degree of emotional depth and a thick dose of 80's heavy metal, it's much more in line with traditional doom metal than any retro rock crap that has Rise Above Records fanboys wetting their brown corduroys.

They don't even really sound like Black Sabbath

I didnt mean they sounded exactly like Sabbath

I meant they were clearly huge fans and didnt stray too far from that sound

Sure they're not original, but musical originality is not one of my favourite musical qualities to begin with.

thats the beauty of opinions

by their definition they cant be right or wrong

The bands you linked completely lack emotion and passion, it's shallow hippie metal for people that dream about flared trousers and hairy muffed women.

almost all of those bands lack originality and get old really fast

unless youre drunk the music is far too one dimensional

did you hear the other seattle Metal bands I posted?

They don't even really sound like Black Sabbath, if they did they would sound good. They don't sound like Zodiac either.

Sure they're not original, but musical originality is not one of my favourite musical qualities to begin with. The bands you linked completely lack emotion and passion, it's shallow hippie metal for people that dream about flared trousers and hairy muffed women.

Zodiac have a certain degree of emotional depth and a thick dose of 80's heavy metal, it's much more in line with traditional doom metal than any retro rock crap that has Rise Above Records fanboys wetting their brown corduroys.

that sounds nothing like sabbath
not all doom sounds like sabbath

7/10

I happen to prefer my women with hairy muffs.

Reactions: CiG