Rays/Sox Phils/Dodgers

I like both teams, but I prefer the Rays and have always liked them. I hope they can come back and at least force a game 6 or 7

Mathiäs;7747199 said:
If the Rays hadn't tied that game up, they could have called the game,causing series to be over.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe that they will "call" games anymore. I think it was last year that MLB adopted the policy of suspending games and picking them up where they left off.

For example, last year a Yankees-Orioles game was stopped in (I believe) the 8th inning with (again, I believe) Jeter on second base and two ours. The Yankees were ahead, but they suspended the game instead of calling it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe that they will "call" games anymore. I think it was last year that MLB adopted the policy of suspending games and picking them up where they left off.

For example, last year a Yankees-Orioles game was stopped in (I believe) the 8th inning with (again, I believe) Jeter on second base and two ours. The Yankees were ahead, but they suspended the game instead of calling it.

Well the rule was different for the world series as they had never run into the scenario before. Selig said later that he wouldn't have called it but no one else knew at the time.

For regular season games, if it's passed 6 innings and the radar looks bad then they usually call it.

I learned several things during tonight's "game".

- Akinora Iwamura and Upton suck balls. Iwamura should have caught that pop up and would have if he had used correct technique and all Upton did the entire series was ground into dp's. Garbage.

- Lidge did not deserve to go perfect. He got lucky so many times, people hit atom balls whenever he pitches. He got lucky.

- Fox sucks fucking balls and are idiots. They don't know when to show the replay after a close pitch (I think they should should it almost every time) and didn't replay several check swing calls.

- The playoff umpires as a whole were just atrocious. Something needs to be done about it. Fuck, the ws blues are supposed to be the cream of the crop, not shit.

:)

I really don't think so. See above example of Yankees regular season game being suspended in the 8th.

Pretty sure I'm right considering all of the media coverage it got into Selig's press conference. I could be wrong, b we're not talking about regular season games here, we're talking about the world series. A completely different rule was in place.

Congrats Philly fans, you just won the Series...now go out and flip some cars, burn the city and fire some guns!:)

So much for my Rays in-5 pick.
Looks like the Rays blew thier load in the Sox series...only winning one game verse an albeit good Phillies team...Rays sucked. Pains me even more that the Sox didn't make it. I'm sure the Sox would have had a better showing than the Rays and would have liked thier chances verse Philly. Sox have dominated the NL...but we'll never know?
The weather didn't help but as I predicted the rating were very low for this series. I know many don't give a shit about ratings but obviously the higher the ratings -usually the better the series and entertainment for the fans.

I agree to a point. Though Philly is maybe better than I thought.

Its thier own fault but I just don't think the Rays showed thier true selfs / talent in this series.
Take nothing away from Philly...I still think the AL teams like the Angels (who were stacked), Red Sox, and Rays are deeper and tougher. Any one of them would probably be slight favorites against Philly if another World Series was to start today. None-the less Philly deserves and earned it.

09' WS odds are- Subject to change and with player movement and roster changes yet to be determined?

REDSOX 5-1
YANKEES 5-1...EH??
CUBS 7-1
ANGELS 9-1
RAYS 9-1
PHILLIES 12-1...not even favored to win the NL pennant.
INDIANS 15-1

Yep, good enough to be this years "WORLD CHAMPS".

Early on I didn't and still don't think they are a great team. However, so many intangibles go into winning...the favs / most talented teams don't always win.
I don't always buy into the odds stuff...I just put that out there for the hell of it. Thought it was kinda funny how they aren't even an early fav to win the NL. This may unwantingly turn into the "did the best team really win this year" argument?