RC hype bandwagon bands that actually suck

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
there are a lot of circle jerks over bands here that "everyone" seems to agree on. so far so good. but here's your chance to tell this forum what's up. lay it down straight up.

fyi: THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG is irredeemable garbage, forever and always. suck it down.

and you know what else sucks? ARGHOSLENT is emotionless, trite and with unimaginative lyrics. it's like listening to a cd full of melodic death riffs on shuffle while reading a german issue of national geographic from 1942. not cool.

fyi: THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG is irredeemable garbage, forever and always. suck it down.

X3

Couldn't disagree more about Arghoslent.

Hour of 13 - Monotonously repetitive vapid riffing and a vocalist who sounds like the mic is clowning on him.

Warning - Mediocre at best, my pantaloons never felt the emotional discharge as most here. Watching from a Distance was one constant valley to where you expected a climb towards a peak, but trekked endlessly through the thistle.

Portal/DSO- Incoherent, disjointed cacophony, resembling a chimp under the influence of dextromethorphan attempting to make moo sounds on a "Fisher Price fret and pet". These two bands above all others make me go "...the fuck?" Attempting to get in to Portal induced a headache just a few weeks back, not a good sign.

Warning - Mediocre at best, my pantaloons never felt the emotional discharge as most here. Watching from a Distance was one constant valley to where you expected a climb towards a peak, but trekked endlessly through the thistle.

yeah i'm not ready to dismiss "watching from a distance" as SUCKING per se but i'm pretty sure all those 100% reviewers are full of it

you know when people who are not into the genre dismiss doom metal as whiny and too slow. well. warning is whiny and too slow

Not terrible, but terribly average.

and you know what else sucks? ARGHOSLENT is emotionless, trite and with unimaginative lyrics. it's like listening to a cd full of melodic death riffs on shuffle while reading a german issue of national geographic from 1942. not cool.
Let's face it, if not for the white supremacist element, the same element that eventually closed Royal Carnage, they would have never once been mentioned on this forum. Instead they would have been lumped in with every other nondescript Melodic Death Metal band that this forum completely ignores.

Warning - Mediocre at best, my pantaloons never felt the emotional discharge as most here.
I'm not a fan of Doom, so my opinion on this topic (as opposed to all others, where my opinion is the definitive word on the subject) may be of little weight. That said, I find nothing about this disc that separates it from its genre mates.

I don't know if Krallice has elicited any circle jerk around here - it definitely has elsewhere - but their music makes me want to stuff my ears with ice picks.
Yeah... this is pure shit. Not sure what even sparked this circle jerk.

Oh and Gojira, next time they're on tour across the US, please KEEP THEM
Not awful, but certainly not special.

Portal/DSO- Incoherent, disjointed cacophony, resembling a chimp under the influence of dextromethorphan attempting to make moo sounds on a "Fisher Price fret and pet". These two bands above all others make me go "...the fuck?"
Not familiar with Portal. With regard to DSO... it's just noise. It's there's something worthwhile beneath the noise, I don't hear it.

Zod

Oh and Gojira, next time they're on tour across the US, please KEEP THEM

that might have happened already, the singer moved to Brooklyn from what I hear.

I would vote for Agalloch ... I blame them for everything

Portal/DSO- Incoherent, disjointed cacophony, resembling a chimp under the influence of dextromethorphan attempting to make moo sounds on a "Fisher Price fret and pet". These two bands above all others make me go "...the fuck?" Attempting to get in to Portal induced a headache just a few weeks back, not a good sign.

I appreciate that PORTAL tries to put on a show (with the costumes and all) and also somehow manages to extend the depths of despair in their music visually. But at the same time, I am sure there is a smirk under their hoods.
basically old school entertainment, sorely missing in today's, jeans and tee shirt/ you can be my personal friend on facebook musicians. rock stars should be somehow larger than life. like santa claus :loco:

I don't know if Krallice has elicited any circle jerk around here - it definitely has elsewhere - but their music makes me want to stuff my ears with ice picks.

I agree with this. When their first album hit I was circle jerking like crazy. A couple months ago I spun the disc again and was just bored to death with it.

i had no idea (was not around the forums at the time)

i just figured it was because it had nothing to do with the webzine anymore

but what you're saying is it's all RiA's fault then

Sorry, I thought most everyone knew by now. All the racial BS is why "Royal Carnage" was shut down and "RC" was inserted as a placeholder.

Zod

I honestly had no idea either ... and if that was the case we should have brought it out into the open.