RC Top/Latest CDs of 2000s - Results of Round 2

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Bracket 1
NOVEMBERS DOOM - Pale Haunt (14) over DARKTHRONE - Sardonic Wrath (13)
EMPYRIUM - Weiland (21) over MASTODON - Leviathan (8)
AGALLOCH - The Mantle (28) over NEUROSIS - Eye of Every Storm (5)
TOOL - Lateralus (18) over PRIMORDIAL - The Gathering Wilderness (15)

Bracket 2
MOONSORROW - Verisakeet (16) over BLUT AUS NORD - The Work Which Transforms God (13)
ORPHANED LAND - Mabool (16) over ANATHEMA - A Natural Disaster (7)
ENSLAVED - Isa (19) over MAR DE GRISES - The Tatterdemalion Express (11)
IRON MAIDEN - Dance of Death (15) over NAGLFAR - Pariah (7)

Bracket #3

DESTROYER 666 - Cold Steel...For an Iron Age (22) over OPETH - Ghost Reveries (6)
AMON AMARTH - Fate of Norns (17) over KING DIAMOND - The Puppet Master (9)
HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE - The August Engine (16) over THE CHASM - Spell of Retribution (10)
NEVERMORE - This Godless Endeavor (17) over DARK TRANQUILITY - Character (9)

Bracket #4
BRUCE DICKINSON - Tyranny of Souls (17) over TOWNSEND, DEVIN - Accelerated Evolution (7)
SLOUGH FEG - Atatvism (14) over BATHORY - Norland II (12)
MELECHESH - Sphynx (14) over GRAVELAND - Fire Chariot of Destruction (7)
ISIS - Panopticon (17) over NEGURA BUNGET - 'N Crugu Bradului (14)

TOOL - Lateralus (18) over PRIMORDIAL - The Gathering Wilderness (15)
HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE - The August Engine (16) over THE CHASM - Spell of Retribution (10)
NEVERMORE - This Godless Endeavor (17) over DARK TRANQUILITY - Character (9)

Such a shame... :(

Tool beating Primordial is a huge shock, but only because I didn't realize there were that many Tool fans here. At least it's a quality band winning it.

Likewise, who would have thought so many people liked "Weiland", considering it's dark neo-folk acoustic material, and less obvious than Mastodon.

Shame Amon Amarth beat King Diamond, who truthfully probably released his best material since Conspiracy and Amon Amarth, meanwhile, released their worst album to date.

I didn't vote between Isis and Negura -- either one would have been ok by me.

For some reason, I thought people here stuck with Empyrium's "metal" material, you know, considering Songs of Moors and Misty Fields is one of the greatest albums of all time and better than anything Agalloch, Opeth, My Dying Bride, or Ulver have ever done. Evar. :)

Slough Feg beating Bathory rules. Even Quorthon would be ok with that.

Eh, I love 'em both, and even though I'd give Bathory the nod just for Hammerheart, I'd take Atavism over any Bathory after "Blood on Ice".

And the "pinkage" comment wasn't a stab at Empyrium. I love them, though I prefer their non metal stuff. Only album I own (unfortunately enough) is "A Wintersunset..." which i never ever listen to