Moonsorrow - Verisakeet

Bracket 3
Destroyer 666 - Cold Steel...For an Iron Age

Bracket 1
Empyrium - Weiland vs. Agalloch - The Mantle

Bracket 2
Moonsorrow - Verisakeet vs. Enslaved - Isa

Bracket 3
Destroyer 666 - Cold Steel...For an Iron Age vs. Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine

Bracket 4
Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of Souls vs. Isis - Panopticon

lurch70 said:
i agree ... but neither is anything else left over

Well, thinking mathematically :tickled: :

Hammers of Misfortune, by far. And that's just based on their two 10/10 albums which is unbelievable. I suppose the next album will seal their fate.

Empyrium could be up there too, since they also have two 10/10 albums, plus one 9/10, and an 8/10 so their average drops a little.

Both the Moonsorrow and Isis are strong 9/10 releases.

Agalloch, D666, and Bruce are 8/10 quality albums.

Enslaved is a 6/10 (and how anyone can think Isa is better than Verisakeet is beyond me).

:Spin:

The August Engine is the only masterpiece left. Lateralus was the only other one in this whole thing. Lots of good ones though.

Panopticon is pretty overrated. It's a damn fine album that I enjoy quite a bit, but there's a reason I own only one album by Isis and about 7 by Neurosis. teacher > student

So by now there are still people who believe firmly that Isis are a direct Neurosis worship act? Impressive... :)

Adrian, you need "Oceanic". You know you do. I'll end up sending it to you as a present you know...

I prefer Oceanic to anything Neurosis have done. Though Times of Grace seems to be creeping higher up my favourites every time I put it on and A Sun That Never Sets is a monumental masterpiece.

Bracket 1
Empyrium - Weiland vs. Agalloch - The Mantle

Bracket 2
Moonsorrow - Verisakeet vs. Enslaved - Isa

Bracket 3
Destroyer 666 - Cold Steel...For an Iron Age vs. Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine

Bracket 4
Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of Souls vs. Isis - Panopticon

Ellestin said:
So by now there are still people who believe firmly that Isis are a direct Neurosis worship act? Impressive... :)

Adrian, you need "Oceanic". You know you do. I'll end up sending it to you as a present you know...
I know, and I shall get it someday. And I don't think Isis are a complete worship of Neurosis, but I think it's obvious where their main influence lies. Of course at the same time I would never confuse the two when listening so... huh, I don't know what I'm saying.

Sausage is fucking good.

NADatar said:
I know, and I shall get it someday. And I don't think Isis are a complete worship of Neurosis, but I think it's obvious where their main influence lies.

godflesh.jpg

+
neurosis.jpg

for everything up to Mosquito Control/Red Sea.

JayKeeley said:
Agalloch, D666, and Bruce are 8/10 quality albums.

Enslaved is a 6/10 (and how anyone can think Isa is better than Verisakeet is beyond me).

:Spin:

I don't agree with the rating for Isa, but the rest you'll get no argument from me, as that album defines epic viking metal for me. But only an 8 for the fucking Mantle? That is the best of the remaining eight by far, Panopticon and Hammers being next in line.

Demonspell said:
I don't agree with the rating for Isa, but the rest you'll get no argument from me, as that album defines epic viking metal for me. But only an 8 for the fucking Mantle? That is the best of the remaining eight by far, Panopticon and Hammers being next in line.

No you're right -- The Mantle is a solid 9/10.

Here is my list:

Hammers: 10/10
Empyrium: 10/10
Isis: 9/10 <-- but the album has so much depth, could be higher, too early to tell
Agalloch: 9/10
Moonsorrow: 9/10
Destroyer 666: 8/10
Bruce Dickinson: 8/10
Enslaved: 6/10

I would say the first 5 in that list are MANDATORY.

I think the D666 and Bruce are totally OPTIONAL, both having released better material previously, but still good stuff nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.