Vote: Royal Carnage 2006 March Madness Elite 8

I seriously had no idea that that switches the window. Hmmm... See, right there I learned more than I will probably learn in class today. I want to change my major to RC FORUM STUDIES

how bout windows key + r to bring up the run dialog and then typing in the path to get to the program/website you want? i do this all the time, especially to open up the forums quickly etc [/lame]

i hated laptops 'til my girlfriend got one... now i use it more than her, do all my writing lying around on the couch, etc.

fuckin awesome :kickass:

because moving the mouse is faster than moving your left hand to hit alt tab. Works great when you have 4 msn convos, 2 or 3 browser windows and my online curriculum which i'm slowly reading through. :p

and yes, windows+r rules for lots of stuff.

edit: and I hate laptops too, but I still use one at school for school.

Demilich said:
how bout windows key + r to bring up the run dialog and then typing in the path to get to the program/website you want? i do this all the time, especially to open up the forums quickly etc [/lame]

Woah.

Or you could just hit ALT + A on your browser to drop down your "favorites" list. (IE). Firefox users can go with ALT + B.

@Doomcifer -- I have a mouse with my laptop (or I just use the toggle nipple thing) but joking aside, there are people who will never use either and use function keys, ctrl keys, and alt keys their entire life. These are mostly "pro-DOS" folks (or anti-windows).

I know someone that makes Excel reports with really complex macros without ever reaching for the mouse.

JayKeeley said:
Woah.

Or you could just hit ALT + A on your browser to drop down your "favorites" list. (IE). Firefox users can go with ALT + B.

Hey, you learn something new every day... holy shit my favourites list is long! I always add stuff but never go back and look at it!

I know so many little computer shortcuts and fast ways to get to things that I don't even know them I just do them. Most people can't follow me when i do shit cause I've got mouse and shortcuts going at once and multitask 5 or 6 things at once.

Conspicuously Absent said:
IMost people can't follow me when i do shit cause I've got mouse and shortcuts going at once and multitask 5 or 6 things at once.

Hahah my dad was complaining to me about this last night. I had to show him how to search for a file :erk: once again and I told him (and my sister) that they should pay attention and learn, since that would save me having to reteach them every time they needed to know. They said I went too fast and they couldn't see what I was doing :(

lizard said:
the other day I showed an end user how to use ctrl +c and ctrl + v and they were like, "whoa!"

haha, i've taught my dad that like 20 times and he still doesn't get it. He's getting more and more technology paranoid :( He taught me how to edit autoexec.bat and config.sys files back in the day, now copy and paste frightens him. :(

I like how in practically every program I've ever used CTRL + F = find except Outlook. Oh no! That's a NEW MESSAGE HOW LOGICAL. [/Erik-esque]

Well, a forwarded message, whatever. Either way I always do that and then I yell.