Royal Carnage March Madness - Round 2 (Votes Needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J. said:
The thing holding the green gem is an alien?
Vic Rattlehead!

Well, Here I come
Stand up and plant your feet
Listen I'm letting off steam
Now throw your hands in the air
Let loose I don't fuckin care

Solo-Poland wkekekwkkwekwew wEJKEWLEJLJWE FEJWIOWWWw

Rattle Head
A dose of metal you need
To bang your head til you bleed
It's time for snapping some neck
Slashing, thrashing to Megadeth

Solo-Poland beededeedeeee dE EDKD D REWSQAREEEAWWWWWW.ss..s.s

Rattle Head
You, Your head, is pounding with pain
Winning, sinning, beginning
Feeding, the needing for bleeding
Bashing, smashing, crashing
Fraying, annhilating you!

Solo-Poland meedly dmemeldly mememememememe WHOWOAOA

There's someone back in the shadows
You feel though you can't see his eyes
He'll bash your head if you cross him
Ain't quite your average guy
Don't wear no leather to "fittin"
Don't wear no spike to be "cool"
Don't want no woman beside him
Just make it fast, Loud and Rude
Rattle Head

Solo-Mustaine BRURUUDRK RKWleleesyhle sl e wwekwke WOWOWOWOOWOW

I'm a Rattle Head
Rattle your Goddamn Head!

markgugs said:
Maiden - 20
Sabbath - 19

That's pretty close. I mean, that's so close, it's only 1 away from being equal! How black can you get? None more black. :loco:

So anyway, Zod, what happens with a draw? Since this isn't based on finite number of voters, a draw is possible (between any pairing).

Primordial beating Graveland.

:kickass:

Whoever voted for Dimmu in this thread might as well just listen to these words:

Start trouble, spread pain
Piss and venom, in your veins
Talk nasty, breathe fire
Smell rotten, you're a liar
Sweat liquor, breathe snot
Eat garbage, spit blood
Diseased, health hazard
Scum bag, filthy bastard
Greasy face, teeth decay
Hair matted, drunk all day
Abscessed, sunken veins
Rot gut, scrambled brain
Steal money, crash cars
Rob jewelry, hock guitars
Rot in hell, it's time you know
To your master, off you go
You're a liar
A fucking liar
Filthy liar
Liar
You fucking liar
Liar

Boo to corporate rock bands. 15 votes for Dimmu....... *looks at top of page*....hmm, it says "Royal Carnage" but it feels like the GMD. :loco:

Time to go through the 10/10 BUY OR DIE, but instead I have to do 9/10 BUY OR GET MAIMED, since perfection has run thin (only Carcass - Heartwork applies to this bunch).

Bracket 1
Black Sabbath - s/t, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Vol. 4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage
Ulver - Bergtatt, Nattens Madrigal, Perdition City, Silence Teaches You How To Sing, Silencing the Singing, A Quick Fix of Melancholy
Neurosis - & Jarboe
Isis - Panopticon
Agalloch - The Mantle

Bracket 2
Burzum - Hvis Let Sour Puss
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
The Lord Weird Slough Feg - Twilight of the Idols

Bracket 3
Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness, Necroticism
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora

Bracket 4
Opeth - Deliverance
Death - Sound of Perserverence
Bathory - Hammerheart
At the Gates - Terminal Spirit Disease

Yeah, strong group. EDIT: Actually I think I'm being to liberal, let's say these are all 8/10 or higher albums. Yes, because that makes the world of difference now, right? :dopey:

JayKeeley said:
Well, I guaran-damn-tee that at least 49%-51% of the people that voted for Enslaved in round 1 did so because it's what they'd want others to see. I know it, you know it, but everyone of course will deny it. :Smug:
I know I voted for Enslaved for just that reason. In case anyone missed it, I voted for Enslaved.

JayKeeley said:
Name 10 Enslaved songs at random off the top of your head, and describe each one in detail. *blank stares* Yeah, thought so... :tickled:
Can't. I stopped caring about song titles long ago.

JayKeeley said:
Plus, they are closet jews who like to wear granny underwear...
Which is precisely why I voted for them.

I think you're assuming that everyone is voting based soley on strength of discography. I, for the most part, am not. The last half dozen Megadeth discs have sucked, and sucked hard. I loved "Below the Lights" and dig "Isa". Based on that, I voted for Enslaved. Oh, and I want people to think I'm cool. :loco:

Zod

<<Blind Guardian (people voting for Enslaved over BG? What the fuck? Have you heard Isa? )>>

Hence the Enslaved vote. I don't agree with all the hype, but I still think you're being too hard on this albums, prog burnout or otherwise.

<<Dude you write "a poseur" in way too many words>>

I don't think not liking a single song by Sabbath and/or Maiden automatically denotes poseurdom. Stupidity is the operative word here.

<<Nevermore - one of the Top 5 bands in Metal history.
At the Gates - most overrated band in Metal history.>>

Wouldn't go that far concerning either band, but I'm just as disappointed with the vote. ::straps on antique headphones, hides in a corner, and blasts Politics Of Ecstasy for the millionth time::

Demonspell said:
Hence the Enslaved vote. I don't agree with all the hype, but I still think you're being too hard on this albums, prog burnout or otherwise.

Isa? No, I agree that it's a 7/10. I'm just saying it's not a 10/10 buy or die.

JayKeeley said:
Name 10 Enslaved songs at random off the top of your head, and describe each one in detail. *blank stares* Yeah, thought so... :tickled:

Midgards Eldar - Great acoustic intro, and two of the most evil and wicked riffs in the history of man. 11/10.
Vetranott - Fantastic ambience-like soundscapes, beautiful melodies. A true hymn to Norway.
Fenris - Best solo and outro ever. Best intro ever. Coolest mid-paced riff ever.
Eld - Epic fucking masterpiece.
793 (Slaget Om Lindisfarne) - Epic fucking masterpiece.
Alfablot - Fantastic riffs, killer melodies, with the Viking touch.
Entrance - Escape - You can't deny the coolness and epicness of this song. Different, but still marvelous.
Svarte Vidder - Ice cold, grim, evil.
Slaget I Skogen Bortenfor - 15 minutes of genre-defining black/viking metal. Art.
Heimdallr - Killer shit, fast and brutal with THE keyboard hook.

Other personal favourites are Gylfaginning, Jotunblod, Niunda Heim, Urtical Gods, etc.

So far , So good , So what would be your best bet , I think (old megadeth addict speaking)

JayKeeley said:
No, I'm making the WILD assumption that people are voting for the better band. :loco:
I think it comes down to what gauge you use to determine this. For instance, who's the better band, Metallica or Hammers of Misfortune? If we simply take each band's top 4 dics, it's Metallica hands down. If we look at their last two CDs, it's HoM.

"Rust in Peace" was recorded 15 years ago. Truth be told, I didn't like it much then. Regardless, what a band did 15 years ago isn't the measuring stick I'm using to determine who the better band is today. As I said in a previous post, if we only use strength of discography as the barameter, we'd have Priest and Maiden in the finals every year.

Zod

P.S. - I can't believe no one bitched that I forgot... SLAYER.
:OMG:

JayKeeley said:
Stormblast...yeah, that's how I'd describe the dump I just took.

It's not "Stormblast" as in a giant blast created by a storm or whatever.

It's "Stormblåst", which means Stormwind. It can also mean "Stormblown", as the word "blåst" has got two different meanings. Please don't make shitty puns out of the second translation :)

First of all, here I am on Wednesday morning at 9:04am wondering whether people realize that I was joking about the Enslaved thing. I would have thought the 49%-51% thing and the granny underwear comment might have been enough, but oh well, back to the drawing board...

General Zod said:
I think it comes down to what gauge you use to determine this. For instance, who's the better band, Metallica or Hammers of Misfortune? If we simply take each band's top 4 dics, it's Metallica hands down. If we look at their last two CDs, it's HoM.

Then let me ask you this: why do Black Sabbath have 20 votes?

Erik said:
So is Megadeth actually supposed to be good or something? 'Cause I bought Peace Sells yesterday and I sure as hell don't hear it yet

Wow. Regardless of how old it is [which obviously has no bearing], I'm quite astounded that you don't recognize the genius of "Wake up Dead", "Peace Sells", "Devil's Island", "Good Mourning/Black Friday"...considering your general tastes. 'Tis rather odd. It's songs like those that turned them into a headline act.

Status
Not open for further replies.