Rd Lamb - Dan Spitz/D Mustaine

Just heard the song The Cage for the first time.

Think it is pretty cool.

Makes me think of Helloween and one of the tracks off the album "The Dark Ride".

I've listened to the samples a couple of more times.
Truth be told, I had a few beers the first time I listened to them, and my initial response was perhaps a bit over-enthusiastic.

I don't know what I was thinking, because the second time I listened to the samples they didn't really sound that promising.

So I had to listen to them again a bit later, and I just found it sounding really boring and generic.

Glad I didn't buy the album based on the first listen.
I think I will pass on this one.

I think the music sounds good. There's alot of bass and heavy riff's when I listen to it in my car with it cranked up, but It seems like most of the songs kinda run together after you listen to it and can't tell them apart.

I've listened to the samples a couple of more times.
Truth be told, I had a few beers the first time I listened to them, and my initial response was perhaps a bit over-enthusiastic.

I don't know what I was thinking, because the second time I listened to the samples they didn't really sound that promising.

So I had to listen to them again a bit later, and I just found it sounding really boring and generic.

Glad I didn't buy the album based on the first listen.
I think I will pass on this one.

Motopsycho's message is clear. Get shitfaced and listen to this! If you're out of beer, forget it!

That's actually good...better than I would expect from Spitz. Get rid of that cheesy vocalist, let Mustaine sing the whole thing and it would be perfect!

I'm not sure about the vocalist but the music is good. Makes me curious how the new Anthrax record sound if Dan was in the fold co-writing with the rest of Anthrax

Yeah after hearing that tune, Dan would be FAR better off in thrax. Good riffs, BAD FUCKING HORRID vocals. Laughable really. The lyrics were idiotic too honestly. Oh well,

That's actually good...better than I would expect from Spitz. Get rid of that cheesy vocalist, let Mustaine sing the whole thing and it would be perfect!

Why would you not expect anything good from Spitz? He is one of the best metal guitar players in the world. His work with Anthrax is amazing. He is respected by his peers like Mustaine because they know how good he is.

Rob is good but he is no Dan Spitz

Because Dan is insane, and willfully claims he wrote most of Stomp 442.

I certainly wouldn't want to claim anything to do with Stomp 442. But who knows he probably did write a bunch of it. Not that it matters as that album blew chunks and bombed.

But even with that said he might be 'insane' but that doesn't discredit the fact that he is one of the best guitar players in the world.

I love Dan Spitz's solos, but one the the best guitar players in the world? Never was, never will be.

Yep. He helps fill up the very large and already overabundant middle ground area of dudes that shred competently but never do anything too special. There are literally thousands that can do what he does and vice versa.