re: death metal thread

Sfarog

Trapped in hated logic
Feb 10, 2002
NYC
www.gwynbleidd.com
If you don't like Opeth's music, just stick to whatever you like and be happy with it. You don't have to come in here and try to piss other people off. I don't like back street boys but I dont go disrupting their message boards or whatever.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Besides, why should you waste time on something you don't like? I mean I dont usually go around telling people how I think 95% of today's "brutal death metal" is boring and unimaginative.

Just stick to things you like, and let other's like what they want. Learning music is everyone's personal quest, and once you try to overly influence someone with what you like, you are just becoming like the MTV channel.

Sfarog

:D

Whilst this is true... they are just joking. Phyre and Ormir, if you go to the dark tranquillity forum, are both regulars and perfectly normal, fans of dark tranquillity anyway, how very tr00 :rolleyes: :D

This is a TRUE viking, uncle of TRUE black metal!
He's a hell of a lot more dangerous than any of those guys

viking.jpg

I'd like to clear some things up here, in order to avoid any kinds of backfire.

First of all, Ormir, Phyre and Lutz worked as a group of individuals - their joke is not to be taken as a war-cry from the part of Dark Tranquillity -forum that didn't have anything to do with the whole affair.

In case someone here is thinking about a "counter-attack" at the DT-forum, I plead them to reconsider, for nothing could be gained by such behaviour. The guys (referring to those tr00 three) are probably now expecting that the Opeth-forum people attack the DT-forum with full force, trying to "let 'em taste their own game". I hope you won't lower yourself for that. Instead, I invite everyone here to come and participate on the intelligent(?) discussions on the DT-forum (and it appears a few of you have already found your way there) - and private comments should be sent via email or PM's.

The joke was good for a while, but it worked onle once - further roleplaying and acting could lead to worse things... trust me, I've seen it happen before.

-Villain (fellow peacemaker)

Originally posted by phyre
Villain, may I kindly ask what the FUCK you are talking about? Attacks? Jokes? WHAT? :confused:

Honestly - I just don't want to see a dozen sudden threads on the DT-forum about Britney Spears being tr00 black metal, or something.

Jokes are funny, but there must be a point where they are stopped... or they might get not-so-funny. I speak of experience here, trust me.

-Villain (over-protective of the DT-forum)

Originally posted by _Transparent_
yeah, well you lot give the tr00 church burning, nun/mum/gran fucking brutal death metalers a bad name, i hope your happy with yourselves.

Yes, I can no longer wear my corpse paint to college :mad:
I don't wanna be the funny kid in class!

I must have missed something, as I don't see any death metal thread. If someone can link me, I'd be happy to comment.

Holy shit, I think this is the first time I've seen a thread get deleted from this forum. That's fucked up.

As I said before, anyone who could not recognise the opening post as a joke has problems. People need to lighten up an not take themselves (or their music) so seriously :rolleyes:

yeah, well im pretty sure almost everyone knew it was a joke, i mean it was like all of a sudden 3-4 or even more new posters came here only posting in that thread, i thought it was set up on the Norway Metal Scene Forum, before i realised it didn't exist...oh well, and no its not the first to be deleted, im pretty sure ive seen at least 4 deleted that i know of.

I did make one coment about it in the DT forum but I'm not gonna bother doing all that counter shite because err well I can't be arsed :D

And I knew you were joking because I am sometimes in the D.T forum where Ormir and phyre are always bloody there :p