Re-discovered classics

Fingers

Jan 9, 2003
West Sussex
Visit site
Just trolling through the old CD collection and came across this forgotten gem.

D.A.D. (Disneyland After Dark)
No Fuel Left for the Pilgrims

If you like DC or Long Cold Winter era Cinderalla you will love this album.

What do our Scandinavian mates think?

Fingers said:
Just trolling through the old CD collection and came across this forgotten gem.

D.A.D. (Disneyland After Dark)
No Fuel Left for the Pilgrims

If you like DC or Long Cold Winter era Cinderalla you will love this album.

What do our Scandinavian mates think?
I love this album too.I saw them live twice,at the marquee and the Astoria both great gigs.The bass player was as mad as a goose on stilts.:headbang:

Funny you should say that.I played the New York Dolls first album for the first time in years.Fuck me does that rock.Also Blizzard Of Oz,you see Ozzy USED to rock.

midnightrider said:
I love this album too.I saw them live twice,at the marquee and the Astoria both great gigs.The bass player was as mad as a goose on stilts.:headbang:

I saw them at the International 2 (M'cr) on the "No Fuel" tour the bassist strutted round the stage with a red cross Helmet on with a Firework sticking out of it. They played the Sheperds Bush Empire last year.

Fingers said:
Where did it all go wrong ? :Smug:

in San Antonio when he pissed on the Alamo...

he's a great musician when he's got the right bands backing him; but as a person, he isn't worth shit.

-Imp

WILKS said:
Ozzy USED to rock.

Image1.jpg

I thought Ozzys album Down To Earth from 2003 was a great album.Great guitar and drums.Who cares what kind of person he is.Anybody see Riot in New Jersey Sat night?It broke my heart Fri night to see one of the best bands ever carrying their own gear to the van out back after the show.They told me they got paid 900 bucks for the gig.Amazing how many pussyfart bands make it big while real rock flounders.Steve

Over the past few days, I've been mainly on a Budgie, Black Sabbath and UFO feast, with a wee drop of Blitzkrieg, Saxon and *ahem* some Diamond Head thrown in for good measure:D .

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Over the past few days, I've been mainly on a Budgie, Black Sabbath and UFO feast, with a wee drop of Blitzkrieg, Saxon and *ahem* some Diamond Head thrown in for good measure:D .

Princess they could make a TV programme about you stuck in the 70's ............. Oh they already have "Life on Mars !" :lol: :lol:

Fingers said:
Princess they could make a TV programme about you stuck in the 70's ............. Oh they already have "Life on Mars !" :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know folk used to say I lived in the 80s but I'm going even further back in time now and listening to tons of 70s stuff. What is wrong with me these days, I think I need some serious help!!! No wonder I'm so confused all the time, half the time I don't even know what century I'm living in hehe!!!!!

But it's not strictly true when I say I was listening to all seventies stuff cos although its been all older bands that I've been listening to this week, it was the NEW Blitzkrieg album that I was listening to and also the new Diamond Head album All Will Be Revealed (and of course Diamond Head's first album as well cos usually without fail I listen to a few of those songs from Lightening to the Nations every single day of my life).

But I'm definitely making a point this year to start getting into new young bands cos all these classic rock bands that I love and the few NWOBHM bands that are still touring, probably they've only got a few more years to go, 5 years max I reckon, before they all call it a day. And of course I'd be lost then cos I'd have no more bands to go see. I have tried to get into some new bands but none of them really rock my boat like the stuff I'm already heavily into, apart from that Open Hand they are awesome, The Answer that Irish band they're great as well cos they sound like Zep, and I quite like Roadstar. And what little I've heard of Coheed & Cambria I really like cos they sound like Rush.

Anway all the older classics and nwobhm bands they are the best, and you know I speak the truth Fingers.

Top of list this week are:
Brain Donor. LOve,Peace and Fuck.
Nashville Pussy.My own best of.
But this weeks rediscovered classicis is Venom.Calm before the storm.What a madun that is.

Hey Blitz,I saw Riot last week and they played 3 songs from Fire Down Under,Swords And Tequila,Outlaw and Alter Of The King.I also just bought the new DVD by Whitesnake and I gotta say it rocks big time.Recorded in London the bands energy is unbelievable.I never thought I could be blown away by that band but I was.Steve

spaster said:
Hey Blitz,I saw Riot last week and they played 3 songs from Fire Down Under,Swords And Tequila,Outlaw and Alter Of The King.I also just bought the new DVD by Whitesnake and I gotta say it rocks big time.Recorded in London the bands energy is unbelievable.I never thought I could be blown away by that band but I was.Steve

Riot yea i love the fire down under and narita albums ..such a shame now that both guy spearanza and rhett forrester are both deceased
yea i have that new Whitesnake dvd personally i think this whitesnake line up is the best its been since the John Sykes slide it in line up .. cant wait to see them at Sweden Rock and also in the UK in late June

Blitzkrieg2006 said:
yea i have that new Whitesnake dvd personally i think this whitesnake line up is the best its been since the John Sykes slide it in line up .. cant wait to see them at Sweden Rock and also in the UK in late June

I was at the gig when the Whitesnake DVD was filmed - must get it now !! Just picked up my ticket for the Hammy gig on 30th May.

The Company of Snakes (now called M3 - being the original Whitesnake members Moody, Marsden & Murray) are great. I've seen them many times in the UK, Germany, Sweden and Denmark. Their DVD "Rough an' Ready is also good.

http://62.8.121.226/m3/

Cheers,

Goss.