Re. Emotional support for Biff (New Thread)

End of the month sounds good to me!
Yeah now the sticky is there its all gone quiet lol, il prob do mine sometime tomorrow as well i think.

Again my thanks go out to Fingers, Nightwar and Vince! Cheers guys!!!

to me a fine date... Nightwar. Webmaster Vince thx for getting rid off that bad/invalid link. Yes I will post it, gonna give me some time to think what Im gonna write, I want it to be good, and I hope a lot of people will contribute. and Nightwar and Valanx maybe someone of you can make a mailinglist from people who visit the webpage..or maybe we can ask people to put an e-mail-adress (hotmail account or whatelse ..) below their entry so we always can keep in touch in msn or so.. or people can sent it to you two..:cool: :wave:

heavycelli@hotmail.com

Heavycelli - that's a nice idea!
We've got the 'private messages' section on the forum but, if you're like me, you end up not spotting messages until weeks (or months!) later!
So I think this could be a useful idea, but you have to remember that some folks like to have the protection of a forum.
Maybe we can make this our next Saxon project after the 'Biff' stuff we're working on? I would be happy to build a Saxon fan mailing list and I'm pretty sure some of the regular guys and gals would have no problem joining in. It would keep the main forum a little clearer of personal messages - such as meeting up at gigs etc - and would be a nice way to get to know other fans more intimately if desired. It would also help if fans discover they have other Saxon unrelated interests (like movies or stuff). And, I'm sure, there are loads of similiar interests Saxon fans are into apart from Biff and Co!

Nice idea, Heavy. If we have a decent support from other members, I think we can make this idea of yours work!

nightwar said:
It would keep the main forum a little clearer of personal messages - such as meeting up at gigs etc - and would be a nice way to get to know other fans more intimately if desired. It would also help if fans discover they have other Saxon unrelated interests (like movies or stuff). !

those stories I do like also on this saxon 747 board, so to me it can be "and" + "and " and not just "or" this "or "that" I really like that webpage of that roman bath from crusader747 and people trying to meet or people who want some help finding a good hotel..for a nice price but I understand what you mean Nightwar.. if 1000 people do make such entries, thats a lot of reading..:Spin:

Mr HeavyCelli - no probs! I know what you mean! It would take alot out of the Forum if we lost stuff like 'hotels', 'Train Times' & 'Meeting Up' etc.
But it may be a good idea to have a email Directory for hard-core members, just in case news needs to be spread fast or some such thing!
I have no problems with the current style on the forum, but if certain members want to chat more privately, I'm all for it!

nightwar said:
Heavycelli - that's a nice idea!
We've got the 'private messages' section on the forum but, if you're like me, you end up not spotting messages until weeks (or months!) later!
So I think this could be a useful idea, but you have to remember that some folks like to have the protection of a forum.
Maybe we can make this our next Saxon project after the 'Biff' stuff we're working on? I would be happy to build a Saxon fan mailing list and I'm pretty sure some of the regular guys and gals would have no problem joining in. It would keep the main forum a little clearer of personal messages - such as meeting up at gigs etc - and would be a nice way to get to know other fans more intimately if desired. It would also help if fans discover they have other Saxon unrelated interests (like movies or stuff). And, I'm sure, there are loads of similiar interests Saxon fans are into apart from Biff and Co!

Nice idea, Heavy. If we have a decent support from other members, I think we can make this idea of yours work!

Yeah a mailing list is a great idea heavy! As Nightwar said the Private message thing in the forum(as in most forums) is a pain in the arse because it can be so easy to miss messages people send. I think some kind of 'E'mailing list should be the next step for us fans in this forum and im behind the idea 100% , i will be happy to contribute my input in any way!