give biff emotional support

NightWolf34

New Metal Member
SAXON is my favourite rocknroll/metal band and the 3 times I have seen them on stage(saxon was also my very first life concert ever) I can say that Biff is one of the most positive guys in that business that I know. You really enjoy your job and you have fun with your buddies on stage and with your audience - I don´t know another band with such an attitude.
Nobody deserves it to lose his house (my grandmothers house burned down 3 years ago..) and so I want to wish Biff and his family strenght for this hard time. Keep the faith and take care of your family.

Regards
Pius Hofer

NightWolf34 said:
SAXON is my favourite rocknroll/metal band and the 3 times I have seen them on stage(saxon was also my very first life concert ever) I can say that Biff is one of the most positive guys in that business that I know. You really enjoy your job and you have fun with your buddies on stage and with your audience - I don´t know another band with such an attitude.
Nobody deserves it to lose his house (my grandmothers house burned down 3 years ago..) and so I want to wish Biff and his family strenght for this hard time. Keep the faith and take care of your family.

Regards
Pius Hofer

Some nice words my friend, im sure we (saxon fans) are all feeling the same way, im so glad that no one was hurt. Lets not forget that.

Nicely said, Mr NightWolf. We're all behind Biff and his family and I'm sure he appreciates the love and support he is being given!

Valanx - I've just realised what a wonderful lyric you've got as a quote.

"I'm standing in the dark... Let the music start...'

When you think about it, you can relate this line to so much stuff, can't you?

nightwar said:
"I'm standing in the dark... Let the music start...'

When you think about it, you can relate this line to so much stuff, can't you?

Indeed you can, it really captures the imagination in so many ways, ive always loved that opening section of 'Rockin' Again' it invokes so much feeling!

Ive played that song alot recently, to me it reflects the feeling between us fans and the band at this time....I truely believe we will be Rockin' Together, Rockin' Again.

The first song i heard by saxon was wheels of steel and that was it i was hooked on there music, loved the NO BULLSHIT straight ahead rytham and the vocals stood out for me of course biff but just after listening to one song i dident no who the fuck was biff, or paul etc, Anyhow i bought the wheels album after listening to that i guess saxon became my fav band, and have been since then, even through the rough parts of the mid to late eighties i stuck with them cause i new saxon had it in them to get back on track to writing the sort of metal we love, and it did starting with solid ball of rock.

Biffs vocals was a lot of why saxon became my fav band ( thats nothing against paul or the other members of saxon at that time ).

The first time i got to see them live was on the innocence tour, before seeing them live i watched the nottingham vidio from 1983, which got me more hooked into saxon exp biff cause this man can work the stage, gets the crowed involved like it was his own family and can sing live unlike a lot bands.

Straight up saxon are the only band i have seen live where i have gone in smiling, watched there live show still smiling ( apart from if i was desperate for the toilet that is, but id never move so i dident miss any of it )
and come out smiling, and i can i say that about all 20 saxon shows ive seen.

Biff vocals for me since releasing metalhead for then on have inproved a lot which is fantastic considering its his vocals that got me into saxon in the first place.

I wish biff and his family all the best, and when you are ready biff

US FANS EXP THIS ONE WILL BE WAITING TO ROCK WITH YOU AGAIN.

SAXON ARE JUST TO FUCKING GOOD TO LOSE NOW ITS TO EARLY FOR THAT
LIONHEART DEFF PROVES THAT.

ROCK ON SAXON, YOUVE LOT MASSIVE SUPPORT FROM ME AND FANS WORLDWIDE TO GET THROUGH THIS AND WHEN YOURE READY WELL BE WAITING FOR YOU. :worship:

Nicely said, guys!

I'd recently been on a Saxon famine, whilst listening to loads of Priest (for my Birmingham gig) and Motorhead (I've been building my CD collection back up).

Yesterday I was having a little think of Biff and hoping he was ok and stuff (this was prompted by Valanx's lyric above!), and for the first time in awhile, I put on 'LionHeart' and Withfinder General and Co blasted out of my speakers. Once again, I realised just how fuckin' great that album is! And then I put the 'Innocence' album on - for 'Rockin' Again' - and ended up listening to the whole album! What a classic piece of work!

Sometimes, depriving yourself of something precious makes you realise how important it is and - especially with 'Innocence' - this was the case for me!
Valanx - thanks for reminding me to put on that CD and Biff, thanks for performing it, Mate!

nightwar said:
.............. I put the 'Innocence' album on - for 'Rockin' Again' - and ended up listening to the whole album! What a classic piece of work!

Its the same for me every time i put 'Rockin' Again' on, the whole album HAS to follow!! That says alot about that particular album...The Flow, direction and attitude of the sum of all its parts make for a truly fine listening experience. It is this consistancy within an album that make Saxon's music so strong and so memorable. Another great expample of this for me is with 'Metalhead' i simply cannot listen to anyone tune, they all must be played together.

Nice one playing 'Innocence' again Nightwar!...Its like an old friend visiting and catching up on old times together over a few beers eh? Great stuff mate!!

or......Its like...Seeing a girl in a club you used to go to school with and realising not only how fine she was at that time, but how fine she is now that she has aged a little !!!

or.....Its like...Sitting half cut in some lame pub or bar that has been playing shit like eminem for hours and then someone puts something like *Favourite old rock tune here* on that you never thought you would hear in such a scally infested shit hole.....
*very satisfying!

or....Its like...Getting some really sweet girl who is dumbstruck by whatever shit is popular in the charts into REAL METAL... i love that, and see it as a kind of mission.... I knew a girl ;-) who was into all that east17 crap many years ago, so i bought her PAINKILLER, she really (honestly) became a Priest fan. I remember seeing her some four years after we split (looking like a little rock chic:yell:) and she told me how she was all into metal, and still listened to Painkiller alot! (I know Bon Scott was proud of me for everything i gave her.....Innocence was no Excuse!) ....
*Blood meltingly satisfying!!

ediT:
:OMG:Holy fuck!!!! she still has my "Rock the Nations" and "Solid Ball" cassettes! i aways wondered for years as to thier fate, er..thanks for kinda reminding me of that eh Nightwar.....and its ok i have them on cd now lol.

Bloody hell!!!i!i! i must listen to 'Solid Ball' and get all nostalgic right away!!!

Lovely stories, Valanx, My Good Man!
I can relate to exactly what you mean - Yes, 'Innocence' has dated,but it still makes me feel good, and it does kind of make you appreciate it in a different way than you did on its initial release!
Regarding old girlfriends (well done for the Priest conversion!)- I completely understand, mate!
Recently, I bumped into an old girlfriend - we were excellent for about 3 years or so - and we chatted and decided to meet up for a drink and chat.
We went out together when she was only fifteen. I was just starting out in a band and we used to listen to tons of music and stuff.
When we decided to meet up, 13 years had passed! Obviously there was much to discuss!
These days, she ain't a art student, but a Graphic Designer for a major car manufacturer. She came across as a very profesional person. Too professional, if I can be so blunt!
But, when we got on to the subject of music, I realised just how much I had influenced her in her music tastes. Over this huge period of time she had kept up to date and had gone to concerts of artists that I had introduced her to! She was talking about albums and CDs that I thought a person like her would have had no knowledge of!
It was a weird moment - I realised that this woman had an excellent taste in music - probably thanks to me! - yet was a completely different individual than the one I had been going out with all those years ago!
It was almost creepy, but I did kind of feel proud that I had helped influence someone in such a good way!
The last time I spoke to her, she had just gone to a Rush gig, and I was going to the same thing a day after. I was so chuffed that I'd introduced her to stuff like that, you know?

The morale of this story, Chaps:
If you don't end up marrying them, try and convert them!!

Thats a great story Nightwar, with a great moral ! It is indeed a strage thing to see your own influence in somebody else, and years later with someone who is completly different from yourself... I guess it is only really music (and good music at that) that can touch us and others around us in such a way!

All this kinda reminds me of "Between the hammer and the anvil" ;
"...OUR MISSION: TO PURIFY BELIEF ! " lol

.....I'd love to er... bump into! that old girlfriend of mine again, i waited so long for "Angel of Retribution", i cant help but wonder what she would say about it if she has heard it! ...Also i could ask for my saxon tapes back !!!! LOL

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

I simply can't believe nobody from the management/record label/booking agency managed nothing to raise money for Biff :confused:

we support Biff and Saxon forever :) :) :)

Cmon lazy asses, put a bank account number or whaddefuck you want to help the lord of metal

we're ready with our wallets :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I am sure we can give up to buy a fuckin cd to help him!!!!

Nice, excuse me, if I maybe so inclined but that does not sound like emotional support rather it sounds like material support but I get what you mean:):)

FLAMENKO said:
I simply can't believe nobody from the management/record label/booking agency managed nothing to raise money for Biff :confused:

we support Biff and Saxon forever :) :) :)

Cmon lazy asses, put a bank account number or whaddefuck you want to help the lord of metal

we're ready with our wallets :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I am sure we can give up to buy a fuckin cd to help him!!!!

Like nightwar says love and emotionel support from us fans will mean loads more to him then trying to get money to him, when the other member said that trying to get money to biff would be a good idea at first i thought yeah good idea but after thinking about it, emotionel support would be loads better, at least he knows us fans are 110% behind him and when all this shit is sorted out biff and saxon will be back hungrier then ever.

Does anybody no if biff reads this message board, i think he does but not sure.???????????? :headbang:

Be good for him to know he getting all this support.

Yeah - Saxon747Rock. I completely agree with you.
Regarding Biff checking out the forum? Well, even if he does not visit the forum you can bet your bottom dollar (is that a saying?!!) that he gets told about what is being said on it!
Flamenko - I know that you mean well and stuff, but please read my previous post (on another thread) that relate to the complications of collections and charities. Also, I really don't think that is at all relevant. This is not a matter of money. It is a matter of family stability and lost memories. I'm not knocking you, mate, ok? But I really think us fans just need to aknowledge Biff and his situation and send lots of love his way.

Valanx - Tell me about it, Dude! The amount of tapes, vinyl and CDs I have lost to Ex's is bloody amazing! I've lost entire collections before!
The lovely lady I was telling you about previously - well, when I bumped into her she was passing in her car. The first thing she did was show me a 'Rush Chronicles' CD that had apparently belonged to me! Really funny! I couldn't believe it!
Geddy Lee - you owe me commision, Man!!

ALTHOUGH IT IS PAINFUL FOR ME,
i'LL BE GLAD TO GIVE ALL MY SAXON MEMORABILIA TO BIFF TO REPLACE ALL HE LOST IN THE FIRE.

I CONSIDER MY SAXON COLLECTION A GREAT PASSION,
THAT STUFF FOR BIFF IS ITS ENTIRE LIFE!

SO I'LL GIVE HIM EVERYTHING FROM 7" TO BOOTLEGS, FROM TOURBOOK TO 80'S TOUR POSTER......

Oi Nightwar

Recently, I bumped into an old girlfriend - we were excellent for about 3 years or so - and we chatted and decided to meet up for a drink and chat.

Did you shag her or wot then?

"Make no mistake, your the apple of my eye
Specially when, I ride up beteween your thighs"

Gregger - Ha! Very funny! Although, a very good question, mate!
All I can ask is don't give me stick like my other mates!

I met up with her at a pub at about 3pm and we didn't leave until closing time! It was a surreal time of talking about old times and catching up. All the regulars that knew me wondered what the hell I was doing with this mysterious, tall, very attractive blonde piece! Of course, I was given the inquisition the next time I went there!

She was single. She had broken up with her last fella a few months before, had come back to her home town to live and chill out. She even invited me to her works Xmas party as her partner!
The next weekend, we even went to the cinema together and had a quicj drink afterwards.
But to answer your specific question, Gregger - No, that didn't happen. I was meant to phone her back and I chickened out like a moron!
I've been bollocked for it by my mates, but I can never tell what is going on in these female's minds!
Anyhoo, enough!
No!! I didn't Bloody Shag Her!!

My only excuse is that I'm a gentleman?

Weak excuse, I know...

FLAMENKO said:
ALTHOUGH IT IS PAINFUL FOR ME,
i'LL BE GLAD TO GIVE ALL MY SAXON MEMORABILIA TO BIFF TO REPLACE ALL HE LOST IN THE FIRE.

I CONSIDER MY SAXON COLLECTION A GREAT PASSION,
THAT STUFF FOR BIFF IS ITS ENTIRE LIFE!

SO I'LL GIVE HIM EVERYTHING FROM 7" TO BOOTLEGS, FROM TOURBOOK TO 80'S TOUR POSTER......

Im sure Biff would appreciate such a gesture, its a nice thought Flemenko.

Nightwar- Geddy Lee ows you compensation!!! that cracked me up!