Reaction to ProgPower 2014

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
I've been checking the forum and facebook all weekend because I sadly was not able to attend the festival this year and to my shock and disappointment there has been very little mentioned about this years festival outside of the complaints about the overzealous security guard and people using towels to hold seats and a mention about people bringing 20 items to sign at the autograph tables as well as an occasional thread.

Usually there's been numerous write ups about the Thursday, Friday and Saturday shows, reviews of bands, setlist of some of the bands and even a cheers and jeers thread.

Why? Any thoughts?

I am interested in hearing how things were this weekend, hearing fan reaction to the festival line up to 2015 or even the Thursday Pre-show. The fact that I had to search high and low and didn't see ANYTHING about the Thursday show till I saw a facebook post by Justin Gaines just has me scratching my head.

My apologies, I did see after reading there was a set list thread....towards the bottom. Again, no reaction to it other than posting. JUst really odd that there isn't more reaction, discussion on the forum about the fest in general.

I think a lot of the reason there hasn't been much of an online reaction is that both the Friday and Saturday shows ran very late (Friday ended at about 1:15 AM and Saturday ended at 2:15 AM).

So few down times this year. From Wed-Sat, I barely left the venue. So hardly any time to comment. This was probably the best year I've experienced in about 11 years. From the 2 PoS sets, Vangough, Pagans Mind, Need, Masterplan, and JOP......just all awesome. I'll never for JOP's set. That was all sorts of awesome. Some of the signature lines took very long, yeah, that wasn't the greatest, and I did end up missing Voodoo Circles set because of it. But that was my choice. The guys from Seventh Wonder did take their time, the honored everyone's wishes. Sure it took longer but the chances that the fans get to see them again are slim.

Why? Any thoughts?

Facebook.

Also, people want to live in the moment and not be glued to a computer. They invested a lot into the weekend physically, mentally and financially.

~Jen