Read MORE in 2007! Now Reading...

Godel Escher Bach.

its weird. i haven't read enough to explain it, basically its about the mathematical, metaphysical, psychological, etc. links between the works of Kurt Godel, a mathematician, M. C. Escher, an artist, and J. S. Bach, a composer.

its very very strange.

I'm on the verge of finishing Moby-Dick

Excellent book; I finally read it for a graduate course last semester on Literary Scholarship.

This semester I'm reading a bunch of cool postmodern stuff like Thomas Pynchon, Jorge Luis Borges and Vladimir Nabokov; right now I'm reading "If on a Winter's Night a Traveller" by Italo Calvino which is a total mindfuck. I dig the hell out of it.

For the other class I'm reading some works from John Milton in the context of this book:

Davis.jpg

and another book about the recent influence of cognitive science in literary theory. Good times.

Yeah, I finished reading Moby-Dick not long after I posted that. Quite a strange book, very interesting indeed. I'm considering starting The Count of Monte Cristo (not the abridgement), though its a pretty hefty volume, I may start something a little shorter with school and all. ;)

I read the novel about 4 years ago when I was in South Korea. It stays with you.

Otherwise I'm reading the following books as time permits:

Planet India : How the Fastest Growing Democracy Is Transforming America and the World by Mira Kamdar
Star Wars: Allegiance by Timothy Zahn
MAO: The Unknown Story by Jung Chang and Jon Halliday
The Wayfaring Chronicles by Paul Kuhr

Life of Pi by Canadian author Yann Martel. Its supposed to go into a lot of spiritual insight, but thus far I've just been learning about sloths: i.e. i love it so far :)

Currently:

Terry Pratchett - Thud! (Discworld series)

Next:

Stig Tøfting - No Regrets

A Danish football star´s autobiography. Probably sounds boring, but 'Tøffe' has 'been around'! Played in Denmark, Germany, and England, went to prison for assault, has a Hells Angels president as his best friend, his father killed his mother when he was 10, etc. etc. Enough stories for a book, to say the least!

I finished reading World War Z by Max Brooks a few weeks ago, and I must say it is a great read! I couldn't put the book down! He wrote the political and human reactions very well in the case of a large pandemic, with the fact that it was the living dead making it much more interesting.

I'm currently borrowing a copy of Don Quixote de la Mancha and The Hobbit from the library. However, I think both books are a week overdue and, well, I'm missing the copy of The Hobbit.:mad:

The Hobbit is my favorite book, though. I really should have my own copy.

I've been reading David Zindell's War in Heaven for a fair fair while now, it's a great book but I lack the time to actually sit down and read, unfortunately. If you like sci-fi then I definately recommend.

Also been delving into some Kepler recently for uni (Epitome of Copernican Astronomy & Harmonies of the World) though I don't think that counts, despite how intriguing it is! I suppose it's not the kind of thing you'd normally find yourself reading..

Also been delving into some Kepler recently for uni (Epitome of Copernican Astronomy & Harmonies of the World) though I don't think that counts, despite how intriguing it is! I suppose it's not the kind of thing you'd normally find yourself reading..

That book looks like it could either be incredibly dull and wordy or extremely interesting.

"Demonic Males: Apes And The Origins of Human Violence" by Richard Wrangham and Dale Peterson

Reading it for a book review in my Biology class...very interesting stuff, it shows that reason and logic don't separate us from our evolutionary ancestors as much as we'd like to think.

I am bassically reading the essays by Varg Vikernes on his site these days. I am indian, and though he is racist i feel....
People give him too much shit, i mean, he's not as much of an arsehole or fucker as people put him out to be, he is actually quite an intelligent human being an di respect him for that, though i may not agree with him over many things.

I remember somebody asking about "Dystopian" novels, another one that I would recommend is The Trial, by Franz Kafka. Not really dystopian I don't think, (then again maybe it is) but I'm sure anyone who enjoys those kind of novels would like this. It's written a little strangly (if that makes any sense) but it is really quite surreal and somewhat unsettling.

Currently reading: The End of Faith - Sam Harris.

0393327655.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"The End of Faith provides a harrowing glimpse of mankind’s willingness to suspend reason in favor of religious beliefs, even when these beliefs inspire the worst of human atrocities."