ReaEQ bug

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Got the latest version of REAPER and I notice ReaEQ is bugged and I can't do anything with it and it has no grid lines.

I downloaded the ReaPlugs pack and that gives me a standalone version of the plugin and creates a weird floating window because the GUI is 32 bit and I'm running 64 bit.

Anyone know where I can possibly find a 64 bit version, preferably with the analyzer embedded? I checked all over Reapers site and Google and all I can find is this damn 32 bit one.

Figured it out!

This is going to make my life a bit easier because I could never figure out how to have the FX GUI embed to the FX window when running 32 bit vs 64 bit plugs.

What I did:

- Open FX browser
- right click the standalone EQ
- select "Run as", then chose "Dedicated Process" and "Embed Bridged UI"

and it works. Just wish I had the older(?) version of the plug that has the spectral analyzer built in. Oh well.

Ok, so I was messing around more in REAPER yesterday. I've discovered a few stock plugins that are bugged.

ReaPitch makes the DAW crash. The ReaEQ that I got working now has no faders in the GUI, so it's a pain in the dick to make adjustments because I'm guessing where the damn thing might be.

Looks like I'll be reverting back to an older version. Sucks, I set up a sexy template with the newer skin and was really liking the new version. I'm wondering if I can just delete the stock plugs and replace them with plugs from an older version?

I'm using latest version of Reaper (4.402 x64). No problems with any of the stock plugins and the analyzer in the ReaEQ works fine for me. I didn't install the separate ReaPlugs pack, so no idea if those act differently. You should probably just make a clean install of the latest version of Reaper.

I may do that. I've already sorted out most of the bugs, except ReaPitch just doesn't show up in the plugins list, even though the .dll is still in the directory.

Does anyone know how to get numbers on the mixing meters in the new version of Reaper? I have found a way, but it makes the mixer channels pretty wide and I'd love to be able to see some numbers while maintaining the Default theme.

I had to revert back to the 3/x version, imo the best gui they had, or at least the most functional for me. Thanks for that tip about the dedicated process though, i'll have to pass that along to my bass player who's had some of those issues in the past w/ reaper whigging out on ReaEQ. I'll also ask him if he knows anything about your issue since he uses the 64 bit version as well.

Ok, this is frustrating.

Been having a LOT of issues with Reaper crashing with the latest version 64-bit.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled and the bugs are still there.

Is it safe for me to run 32 bit version on Win7 64 bit?

EDIT: Guess it's ok to do and some of the bugs are gone now.

Now I just need to get all my plugins in 32-bit. :(

Maybe it's some of your plugins or audio interface drivers that cause crashing. I experienced several crashes, but I figured out some of these were caused by LeCab that tried to load impulse files that were moved to other folder.
It's definitely safe to run x86 version on x64. I myself run x64, and use a lot of x86 plugins bridged. Little to no problems here.

Don't have this problem at all running 4.4 in 64bit. But the trick with the embedded GUI for 32bit plug-ins in 64bit mode is nice (thus getting rid of this annoying floating bridge window). Will try later.

Well, another thing just came to my mind: did you accidentially disable the GUI for the plug-in? Don't remember exactly where to find this. But that way, you are only shown a generic interface with a slider for each parameter but no fancy stuff.

Not sure what the problem was. No, didn't disable the GUI. It seemed like random plugins (even stock) were causing crashes. I uninstalled, reinstalled and same exact bugs.

32-bit version works fine and I even have the little analyzer in the EQ!

Another thing I stumbled across: when copy/pasting or importing audio into Reaper, somehow the playback rate is getting slowed down.

I about pulled hair out a few days ago when I was comparing an old recording of a song that we used the same exact clicks for on the new recording and wondering why the clicks weren't lining up with the reference track....because the reference track's playrate was defaulted at .97 or something instead of 1.0.

EDIT: Guess I need to dig around more before making posts. =/

Problem was due to Project timebase or whatever being set to beats instead of time.

Ok, finally got my computer up and running again and today started to dive into Reaper x64, same shit happening - ReaEQ bugged out, can't move or create any bands, ReaPitch crashes Reaper, etc.

When I very first installed Reaper, I checked to make sure these things were ok and they were. Now, after I loaded a bunch of plugins into the directory, this happens again.

Buggy due to bridged plugins, I assume? Pretty annoying. Now I have to get the 32bit version and get the 32 bit versions of all the plugins.

EDIT: DERP! Forgot I can bridge the x64 plugins with the x86 version of Reaper! Everything going ok now. Just hate the little bit of lag I get when running x86.

This is why I never update Reaper.

I used to get weird bugs all the time that made Reaper completely unstable, now I only update after a major release that adds something I could see myself using.

I am still working with reaper 3.2 or something like that. Does what I need and I only use reaper to write midi stuff. So, I dont update either.

But bugs like those can be a really pain in the ass. Why dont you search for a free eq to replace ReaEQ?

I am still working with reaper 3.2 or something like that. Does what I need and I only use reaper to write midi stuff. So, I dont update either.

But bugs like those can be a really pain in the ass. Why dont you search for a free eq to replace ReaEQ?

I actually really like ReaEQ and am really comfortable using it. I still need to get all my cool free plugins installed on this machine.

Either way, I'll just stick with the 32 bit version of Reaper and be fine.