Slate Trigger - where we are at now

When is the Trigger update expected then?

From all that has happened, Slate Digital seems to be one of those 'IT'S DONE WHEN IT'S DONE' types of businesses, but that's fine with me. In fact, all the bitching that goes on when a deadline is not met is worse (in my opinion) than the speculation that goes on when the answer is "we're working on that...".

I agree that it's been a long time since the Trigger issues were discussed, but you have to take into account all the shit that Slate has been working on since then. They've got an entire console that looks awesome, those dsp reference monitors that seem rad, and fucking Virtual Tape Machine. That's a lot of work.

We should all be very grateful that Slate himself stops in to answer questions and shoot the shit with us about his products. Thanks Slate!

Yeah for such a small company it's probably not easy to give a precise timetable on when every little thing will be done. Love my Slate stuff, and I'll have absolutely nothing to complain about once the midi trigger bug is fixed...

you get all the samples, they're just only available in Trigger or SSD 4.

No one seems to complain about SD2.0 or Addictive Drums or BFD not giving out wav files. :lol:

None of those companies started out selling .wav files of drum samples on their own to begin with and got their foot in the proverbial door by selling samples specifically for replacement and augmentation.

FWIW, the SSD4 samples are STILL not available in Trigger format; not that I'll be giving Slate co. any more of my money, but those were promised a loooong time ago.

i'm using trigger 1.65, and i have the feeling that trigger1.65 sometimes fucks arround with the stereo-image of stereo-tci's??
for example, if i load Lasses Snare6 LSDSn6C+P.tci, the snare-hit moves slightly to the left and the snare becomes a very strange strong "sub-attack/transient" from the left. But all sounds OK while playing the same TCI in the instrument-editor. anyone else who has this problem with trigger 1.65?

cheers!

None of those companies started out selling .wav files of drum samples on their own to begin with and got their foot in the proverbial door by selling samples specifically for replacement and augmentation.

FWIW, the SSD4 samples are STILL not available in Trigger format; not that I'll be giving Slate co. any more of my money, but those were promised a loooong time ago.

But now that they sell Trigger, why would they have the need to sell the samples with their drum sampler? Trigger comes with the samples for the guys that want to sample replace and SSD is for programming drums.

I agree that the SSD4 Trigger samples have been a long time coming, especially when they likely have all of the samples sitting there just needed to be put into TCI format.

I'm not Slate bashing, love all of his stuff, in fact, I've only not bought VTM as I'm a bit low on funds just now. It's good that he takes the time to visit forums and answer questions etc.

I installed Trigger 1.65 last night and it worked for me, which was surprising. The Midi conversion worked ok for the most part. When it was doing a tom intensive part, it seemed to miss a lot of the hits... in fact, it only output midi for about 3 or 4 of the hits. If they can get the midi to work as good as Massey DRT, I'd be happier :)

Yeah I'm not really too fussed on the .wav issue now but it was a shitty argument.

It'd be cool if Slate still posted here regularly to address these issues; he's all but abandoned us since the 1.65 update debacle. (the issue there is more of triggering FROM MIDI, not converting to MIDI via Trigger)

i'm using trigger 1.65, and i have the feeling that trigger1.65 sometimes fucks arround with the stereo-image of stereo-tci's??
for example, if i load Lasses Snare6 LSDSn6C+P.tci, the snare-hit moves slightly to the left and the snare becomes a very strange strong "sub-attack/transient" from the left. But all sounds OK while playing the same TCI in the instrument-editor. anyone else who has this problem with trigger 1.65?

cheers!

DOH

I always thought it was part of the processed samples and wondered about it...thought its ment to be blended in only very low.

Now checked th wavs, and those sound ok...could have thought about that earlier^^

Also had the issue once when I made processed snare samples and made a tci out of it. Since I didn't have the issue with the first snare tci I made myself with a processed snare I thought that I fucked up something.

has anyone a pre-1.65-trigger-installer around, so i can test if the older versions had the same problem? (platinum, win7 32bit)
thanks!

i'm in talk with the slate-support-team reagarding the problem with the distorted stereo-image of certain stereo-samples (*.wav or *.tci).
it's definitiv an error in V1.65, but they can't reproduce the error at their PCs atm... they keep me updated.
i've got an win1.64-installer which works perfectly fine. let me know if anyone has the same probkem and need my "help"... ;)

btw, great support from the slate-team (cheers to natalian and peter if you're reading here ;))!!

You know now that you've mentioned it I seems to be noticing a bit of a difference in playing my raw wav samples and how they're reproduced through trigger.... definitely seems to be a strange attack thing going on and a weird stereo image....

They said they'd be extra a long time ago, but that people who had SSD4 would get a hefty discount