The Trigger EP: The Horror Continues

Final_Vision

This is Not an Exit
Oct 19, 2001
California
Ok I just got my hands on the Trigger EP (ok the mp3s sue me...)

Lets go track by track here...

1. Trigger (Single): yeah blah blah blah, you've seen the video, you've heard it, nothing special.

2. Watch them Feed (New song): The minute it starts I was ready to puke...shitty ass downtuned riff. Than kicks in a pretty fucking cool thrashy feeling verse (ala Egonomic pretty much) which brings the song back up in my opinion. A bridge with a really fucking cool harmony riff that is suprising. Than all of the sudden Anders presents his new vocal approach apparently: "I'm Anders and I have a cold". This unfortunately isnt the last time you'll hear it...Anyway, the chorus is alright, nothing special and mid paced. The break comes in and is very cool, immediatly with a cool harmony riff and a little mini solo with another nice harmony (seeing a pattern here?). Chorus and so the song ends. This song is actually good minus the somewhat boring chorus and shitty downtuned riff. Chock full of good harmonies and a really cool aggressive feel. Production is better than R2R I'd say.

3. Land of Confusion (Genesis Cover): Blah...nothign special. Sounds straight off of R2R. The song is shorter than the Genesis version (minus a verse). Anders again shows us how bad of a cold he has with his worst clean vocals IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND, or somwhere near that. Not a TOTAL loss but not too exciting either.

4. Club Connected (Cloud Connected Remix): This was suprising. Its pretty much Cloud Connected with a pretty cool beat flowing through the song. Theres some electronic stuff during the solo and the outro samples different parts of the songs. I actually think this suprised me and is one of the better songs on the EP.

5. Moonshield (C64 Remix): Ok...what...the...hell. This isn't even gonna get cookie points because its a novel idea. This is just worthless. Its pretty much 2:10 of Moonshield (from the where the heavy part starts), but with sounds from a Commodore 64...this is really horrible and in my opinion should have been left off the EP, when the fuck am I gonna play this blasting on my stereo or in my car?

Overall this was pretty lame...Watch them Feed was suprisingly good and Club Connected was fairly interesting. However, don't hold your breath because it looks as if In Flames will continue down their R2R path...

(and off to sleep)

P.S: Don't message me asking for it because I know everyones gonna want it and I don't have time hehe.

I was expecting this sort of news. Personally, I think Jesper should leave In Flames before all of his credibillity is gone. Dimension Zero is what In Flames SHOULD be, but unfortunately aren't

I would like to hear the EP though, just to judge it for myself. I looked on IRC, but came up with nothing. Any hints as to where you downloaded it? :)

I really hope they don't turn into some sorta new wave shit. That would suck. I mean their fucking remixing songs ! RE MIXING ! ONLY RAPPERS AND MAINSTREAM FAGS REMIX !

I seriosuly hope they don't end up like metallica. A great band gone to shit.
and anders need to drop this nasal voice and go back to the voice on Whoracle.

\m/ said:
What the hell is going on? I liked most of R2R but if this trend of releasing mediocre (at best!) cds continues through to the next cd, In Flames will lose me as a fan! Anders used to be my favorite vocalist! WTF!!!

Keep in mind, this is only an EP.

Reactions: wildfyr
hmmm...

Trigger : Excelent Version, the same as the clip, this is the Edit Version, this song is very good

Watch Them Feed : New song from In Flames, this is a fast one, the drums with a big double kick during the chorus. The vocal in chorus is a little bit "space", dor those who have listen to Passenger, it sound like clean vocal part of Anders on it. The guitar rythm is very powerfull, the song of snare is too low for me but it's ok. We can find in the pre chorus a good IF pure melodic rythm. Globally this is a very good song.

Land of Confusion : This song is shorter than the original Genesis one, but I find it very very cool and good to listen to. This cover remind me 'Strong and Smart' sound and feeling.

Cloud Connected Remix : This is a remix, louder in bass sound, with many sample inclued in it. Nothing Special, just a good remix.

Moonshield C64 Karaoké : In Flames show us, one time again, that they can have fun in their music (job) and I find it very cool ;) Remember when you play on your commandor ? Personnaly if a game with moonshiel have existed, I'm sure that I will keep my comodore until today lol :)

This is an EP, this is a master piece of your In Flames collection, In Flames show us another time that they give a good music, with a good single, a very good new song, a good cover, a good remix and a pretty funny song !
This is a big F U C K to all who want In Flames doing this style or another one ;) As I alway telling in here, In Flames are what the are, the build (with us) their story, and for my part I follow the band.

PS : Sorry about my bad english, but the words are simple and I think you will understand what I try to mean in this post.

No one in their right mind can say Anders sounds good with his clean vocals here, for fucks sake the man sounds like he needs two squirts of nasal spray! R2R's clean vox were a WHOLE lot better than these (now that should REALLY tell you something...)

As for Moonshield, I can see how some people would be like "tee hee...i remember those sounds...its kinda cool" but man for me...its cool as a novelty but to me it seems useless on an actual EP and is not something I would care to listen to on a regular basis...

Really good, really really good. I didnt think that In Flames was going to win me back the first time I listened to R2R. Now even R2R has grown on me a bit(except Transparent), I can say that this new song is stronger than everything on R2R in the first listen. I want to say that the first riff is absolutely not nu-metal(it is more Soilwork-esque than it is Slipknot-esque like in Transparent). The song in general has strong riffs both in the verse and in the chorus. The solo is again a bit short, but it reminded me of good soloing in Clayman. Then I can say C64 versions of IF songs make me wet my pants, because I was such a big a fan of C64. Jotun was good and now Moonshield... great!

Reactions: janelle
This fuck was not for you ;) you take it only if you feel concern by it...
And you seems to be...

Keep the flame burning man, In Flames will ever stay metal

Final_Vision said:
No one in their right mind can say Anders sounds good with his clean vocals here, for fucks sake the man sounds like he needs two squirts of nasal spray! R2R's clean vox were a WHOLE lot better than these (now that should REALLY tell you something...)

I take your word for it. My fear of Anders just multiplied by a thousand.

Honestly... I didn't find the new song or the cover too appealling. I really don't think this is In Flames at all. I don't want to think of how the new full length might sound. I mean, there weren't more than 3 leads in both of the songs combined... pshaw. The Cloud Connected remix is going to be totally played in dance clubs worldwide, and the C64 remix is just kind of blah. Trigger is the best song on the EP. I also would have to agree with F_V that Anders' clean vocals are horrible, and his screams sound too much like... umm... Passenger.

:(

Reactions: janelle
im gettin the songs off of direct connect... but anyways... so far im listenin to Watch Them Feed... and its not too bad... it kinda reminds me of System... well the structure of it anyways.. thats what i think... anyone agree with me... thats heard the song already?