set for upcoming tours...

Aug 3, 2003
Philly
What do you guys suggest for the upcoming tours? Keep it semi-realistic. I'd say:

f(r)iend
jotun
trigger
quiet place
clayman
dead alone
moonshield
my sweet shadow
behind space
zombie inc
r2r
artifacts of the black rain
touch of red
jotun
bottled
black and white

ENCORE:
cloud connected
colony (although I think they should close w/something else)

I think that, by now, we'll get something like:
STYE: 5 songs. Quiet Place, F(r)iend, Touch of Red, Borders and Shading, In Search for I.
RTR: Cloud Connected, System, Trigger, Black and White
Clayman: Clayman, Pinball Map, and probably either Bullet Ride or Only For The Weak
Colony: Colony, Behind Space
Whoracle: Episode 666

I doubt they'll do Moonshield anymore, and nothing earlier either (unless of course you count Behind Space).

Behind Space*

(Artifacts Of The Black Rain)

(Gyroscope)
Episode 666*

(Embody The Invisible)
Ordinary Story*
Colony*

Bullet Ride or Pinball Map
Clayman*
Only For The Weak*

Cloud Connected*
System
Trigger*
Black & White

The Quiet Place*
Dead Alone
My Sweet Shadow
Superhero Of The Computer Rage (I don't think they'll play it but it would be great)
Dial 595-Escape
Touch Of Red

The songs in brackets are those that I'd love to hear but have hardly any hope for :>

I hope they won't play F(r)iend - although I think they might start with it and close with colony, as usually.

Marked with a star are all songs they'll pretty much have to play because they're the singles or live-"hits". Considering they will put out more singles from STYE which they'll have to play as well, they won't have too much freedom in designing their setlist...

I've seen 'em twice and not heard Ordinary Story either. I don't think they really do that one very much these days. Also, I think that something that was previously a regular in the setlist will be dropped. I'm HOPING that they'll play a few different songs from older albums, because they've been doing the same ones for ages. We'll see, I suppose.

I hope we get artifacts or dead eternity instead of moonshield. No more episode 666. I'm tired of that one. Maybe Jotun. Ordinary Story would be good. Probably all different RtR songs. Drifter and the title track.

I'd be extremely happy if they brought back Jotun to the setlist. Replace Gyroscope with that song. And do Zombie Inc. for christ's sakes. Or Swim. In search of I from the new album would be great to hear. AND STOP CLOSING WITH COLONY!! WORST SONG TO CLOSE WITH EVER!

Here's what I am hopeful for if they threw in a few songs I liked (but obviously they won't play this set):

1. F(r)iend
2. Bullet Ride
3. Jotun
4. Trigger
5. Pinball Map
6. Behind Space
7. In Search of I
8. Zombie Inc.
9. Quiet Place
10. Swim
11. Artifacts of the Black Rain
12. CC (the shitty one)
13. My Sweet Shadow
14. Stand Ablaze
15. Episode 666 (this song is a closer, not Colony)

No encore.. In Flames never does one

I'd love to hear 'em close with The New Word or Another Day In Quicksand sometime. After all, those songs were put at the end of the respective albums because they're GOOD closers. Plus they kick ass and would be great live.

i would love to see a varied setlist from all of their albums as I am sure most of their fans would, but I believe the set list will probably be Clayman, Reroute and Soundtrack.
Their discography is getting too far ahead to include old favorites.

1. F(r)iend
2. The Quiet Place
3. Bullet Ride (Which is the best Opener ever for any band)
4. Trigger
5. Cloud Connected
6. In Search for I
7. Swim
8. Ordinary Story
9. Behind Space
10. Clayman
11. Moonshield
12. Black and White
13. Touch of Red
14. Borders and Shading
15. Only for the weak

I would be happy with this list.

Lunar Strain Era:
1. Lunar Strain
2. In Flames
The Jester Race Era:
3. Artifacts Of The Black Rain
4. The Jester Race
Whoracle Era:
5. Episode 666
6. Jester Script Transfigured
Colony Era:
7. Colony
8. Ordinary Story
Clayman era:
9. Only For The Weak
10. Clayman
Reroute To Remain Era:
11. Trigger
12. Cloud Connected
Soundtrack to Your Escape era:
13. The Quiet Place
14. Superhero Of The Computer Rage

Does no one like Touch of Red or My Sweet Shadow? From what the poll on the site says the songs everyone likes on the new cd are the ones I like the least. Superhero would rock too. and to be honest. I just dont like Friend.

Hmmm...if you ask me, the chances of them NOT playing Superhero Of The Computer Rage are slim...I think that song was written specifically for live (as was most of the new album) and I think that song would RULE live...

I think we can pretty much expect to hear Only For The Weak, Cloud Connected, and The Quiet Place...and it's likely that we'll hear Clayman, Bullet Ride, and Episode 666.

I would like to hear Dead Eternity, Suburban Me, Embody The Invisible, Clad In Shadows (fuckin ruled last year!), Jotun, Free Fall, My Sweet Shadow (I don't have much hope in them playing this), Evil In A Closet (would be one of the more memorable performances this band could ever do), Zombie Inc., Upon An Oaken Throne (why they do Clad In Shadows and not this song, I don't know), and I would love to hear Coerced Coexistence again.....there's probably more on my list, but oh well.

While we're on the subject, everybody be sure to pick up the new Killswitch album on May 11th! It's seriously fucking awesome.

does In Flames keep the same setlist throughout the whole tour, or does the setlist differ from place to place?