Finally Got The TRIGGER EP

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
Thanks, Nuclear Blast...:Smug:

L O L ! ! ! Just kidding!

Anyway, it was...well...interesting! But I liked it!

"Trigger" was, of course, the big single, and it sounded great.

"Watch Them Feed" was cool, as was their cover version of Genesis' "Land Of Confusion."

"Cloud Connected..." oh, I'm sorry! "'Club' Connected," was interesting. And I hear some of the good members of this board have actually played this IN clubs! And people actually tolerated it! Sweet!:Spin:

And I must admit, the guilty pleasure song was the 'Nintendo' version of "Moonshield." At first, I was, like...:erk:

Then, I was, like...:tickled:

I could actually visualize Anders, in video game form, running on top of that Jester space ship on the cover of THE JESTER RACE, fighting some of those star people on the cover of REROUTE TO REMAIN! L O L ! ! ! :lol:

I can tell you right now...I would be ALL OVER that video game if it came out!!!

Overall I do like it, but I have two little complaints (not that anyone cares or anything).

Firstly, why did they have to edit Trigger? It was great as it was. They took too much away, and for no good reason. Shame.

The Cloud Connected remix. This is one of 2 songs on RTR that I really just 'tolerate' rather than 'like', although the one part of the song which I really DO like is the little middle section, with the small lead/solo part and then a section which is reminiscent of Ordinary Story. But in this remix, they take that bit away and replace it with a boring bit of absolute nothingness. Oh well. They also took out a cool scream at the end of the second verse, if I remember right. I dunno, it seems like they removed the coolest bits of the song and then dance-ised it. It's ok, but while I could at least get SOMETHING out of the RTR version of the song, I find myself really wanting to skip this track.

Otherwise, thumbs definitely up. I love Watch Them Feed. The Genesis cover is pretty cool - I like it and I prefer it to Genesis' version, although I think they could probably have picked a better song - the cover is excellent, but the song itself wasn't exactly godly to begin with. But they did give it much more bite. And the Moonshield mix is awesome, a very cool little bonus.