real death machine questions

hyperdesire

Nov 21, 2002
the City
Visit site
so after listening to the new Death Machine album I have thought of some questions:

what are the band's influences?

Is it death metal that is dark and angry and serious? Technical death metal that wants to show virtuosity and some sort of abstract art rock? Or the dramatic type of death metal like Dark Tranquility that has emotion and passion? - which I hear in the first 2 songs and the last song where they slow down Elias' keyboard down an octave so to speak (trying to go meshuggah low eh?) - but these are really the most powerful songs to me.

I would say our influences are Meshuggah, Nevermore, some Soilwork and Killswitch Engage. Even a little bit of Dillinger Escape Plan and Grip Inc. I really dig the first 2 songs alot too and number 3 has been getting the airplay here in Local radio and getting great response. (Was Number 2 on KSJO for a month) I like all the songs for different reasons ofcoarse. Mere Reflection is nothing but just a kick ass song to crazy on and just sounds so mean. Dead has that start of somethings boiling and then you get the chunk. Last Breath has some elements that just rawk, having that Jazz part and then Devin does his crazy-ass Bass solo. Inflicting has that die down part and then its dynamic chunk city. Not to be is great because it has that dark feel with the piano and with the angel voice and nylon acc-guitar compliments it. I believe its more Dark, angry and serious. It has its technical parts but what is great about the band as well is our performance live. The show has a ton of energy and the people will be very entertained. Thanks for posting your thoughts and glad you dig the disc.

Thrak/DM

hey Thrak,

I guess its all about metal!

to be honest, I'm not really going for the chunk chunk parts throughout the album. I guess I prefer them in the Zero Hour songs instead where they really march along. the noodling part with you and Devin is very cool though as well and the jazz break.

and the woman's voice on the last song is really piercing

thanks for your response

hyperD

I think you guys are really going for the technical part of it. This album has alot of shred and chops. Probably more whizzing and noodling and fancy stuff than all of Zero Hour's records combined.

Already been there, but...
I love the music. I wish I could take lessons from "Thrak". obviously influenced by Robert Fripp, even though I'm older than Jasun. And of course live across the entire freakin' country. Not the fan of growl vocals. Opeth does them very well, though.

That would be my sister Lindsey. She is believe or not on Nashville TN trying to make her mark in Country music. She has an amazing voice and she did beautiful job on the Death Machine disc.

Jasun/ZH

BTW She's off-limits to all you guys lol. Yes, I'm doing the older brother deal.

Well to be honest!!!! it looks like we will be working out a deal for Death Machine but nothing is ever for sure. We want it to be release on a label and from what i'm told, it could come out a t early as May!!!!! We will keep you updated and thanks for your intrest.

YOU RULE!!!!
Jasun