real drums!

yeah thats the gist of it, just apply the impulse to the preamp signal of whatever amp

settings were:
lead channel
gain 6.5
low 7
mid 4.5
high 6
res 7
pres 5.5

two tracks each side, one of the L/R pairs about 3db lower

no mics, just impulses. but just one impulse (i used guitarhack between for all)

no compression, and yeah the master is squashed to hell :headbang:

i fed all the guitar tracks into one guitar bus with my eq and stuff on it. upon looking at it again i actually did use curveeq and matched it to whitechapel i think. i also used a few instances of sonnox eq to shape it after that

Dumb question, but where did you have the post gain set? I tried using impulses with my 6505+ once and the level of post gain also set the level of the send...Did you use the preamp out?

Chuck you already have perfect guitar tone why would you need impulses. hahaha seriously dude your shit is crushing.

s34nsm411 can you post your eq settings for that guitar tone. good lord its so heavy

Ah cheers guys, Just curious, been hearing good results with em. But I would never use em over real micing to be honest.

i fed all the guitar tracks into one guitar bus with my eq and stuff on it. upon looking at it again i actually did use curveeq and matched it to whitechapel i think. i also used a few instances of sonnox eq to shape it after that

The tone sounds Extremely whitechapel ish, fucking awesome and dude your abacabb mix is amazing, that band is insane live

Totally called that one XD
how do you use curve eq?

Totally called that one XD
how do you use curve eq?

i have a bunch of curveeq samples ive made from parts in songs that are guitar only. sometimes if i cant seem to get something 'right' ill try matching it with some of the curveeq files ive saved and see what it thinks needs to be boosted/cut

Dumb question, but where did you have the post gain set? I tried using impulses with my 6505+ once and the level of post gain also set the level of the send...Did you use the preamp out?

whoops forgot that one, post is at 3. the preamp out level is affected by this. its still a pretty quiet signal though even at that level so i usually put my interface on -10dBV mode or whatever instead of the normal +4dBu

oh, and my interface is a fireface 800

i have a bunch of curveeq samples ive made from parts in songs that are guitar only. sometimes if i cant seem to get something 'right' ill try matching it with some of the curveeq files ive saved and see what it thinks needs to be boosted/cut

whoops forgot that one, post is at 3. the preamp out level is affected by this. its still a pretty quiet signal though even at that level so i usually put my interface on -10dBV mode or whatever instead of the normal +4dBu

oh, and my interface is a fireface 800

Dude, is there anyway you could post a .zip or something of your favorite CurveEQ files you've made? Or email perhaps? It would be REALLY helpful to have those.