real life horror...

This sort of thing happens on a regular basis on the earth and is only sensationalized in western culture. You see, the REAL problem isn't that a mother lost her mind and replaced it with the mind of her newborn son, but that we are still sensitive to issues like this. If we were consistantly bombarded with these kinds of stories over a period of time it is pretty likely that we would become less and less effected by them. What we need is MORE news coverage world-wide.

Holy shit. That's some fuck right there.

EDIT: And blaming any of this on religion is just bullshit. A psychosis is a psychosis, if it wasn't the "devil" it would have been something else.

A wise man once said; I blame the christians.

I remember that guy. Very wise. :heh:

Exod20.jpg

Holy shit. That's some fuck right there.

EDIT: And blaming any of this on religion is just bullshit. A psychosis is a psychosis, if it wasn't the "devil" it would have been something else.

Sure, could have been my dog told me to do it.

I still blame the christians. I blame them for almost everything :lol:

If it really was a psychosis, that woman is now in a living hell. Often people don't have any memory of what happened after the psychosis wears off. Imagine being told you killed your own child in such a brutal way. She will also be confronted with pictures of her dismembered child to see if she remembers the act, and how she responds.

Its a miracle the other children survived.

When somebody does something this heinous, the whole temporary insanity defense doesn't mean shit in my opinion.

Maybe she didn't know what she was doing at the time, but still it's obvious that she is susceptible to these psychotic episodes - and during such an episode she is likely to commit acts of horrifying depravity.

We can't afford for someone like that to be free.

Maybe she doesn't need to be punished with a daily ass-raping, or be confined to a room wallpapered with pictures of her dismembered baby....But she is most definitely defective. Lock the bitch up forever, or just put her out of her misery.

This is completely uncharacteristic of San Antonio, judging a city of over a million people (especially while anywhere *near* NYC, which makes Hell look like fucking Disneyland) by that is a bit silly. Not saying anything about insanity pleas...

Jeff

If she had said 'Vishnu made me do it' or something like that I'd have less of an association with Christianity to look for. Given how religious much of this city is, though, it's hard for me to separate it completely - although it's certainly not the first thing that went wrong.

Jeff

This is completely uncharacteristic of San Antonio, judging a city of over a million people (especially while anywhere *near* NYC, which makes Hell look like fucking Disneyland) by that is a bit silly. Not saying anything about insanity pleas...

Jeff

LIES, you all eat your children, I know it! :lol:

I agree its horrible and all but why does this particular event garner so much reaction from both every day folks and the media? There are horrible things that happen every single day in this world - the fact that it involved a baby, decapitation or that she chewed its toes might make it more colorful but it doesn't make the ongoing rapes, genocide, murder, or torture less significant.

Regarding San Antonio, or rather Texas in general, its interesting that the article picked up on all the other Texas infanticide cases over the last few years. Again, I'm sure they could have just as easily found examples from other states or countries but that wouldn't be as dramatic would it?

This sort of thing happens on a regular basis on the earth and is only sensationalized in western culture. You see, the REAL problem isn't that a mother lost her mind and replaced it with the mind of her newborn son, but that we are still sensitive to issues like this. If we were consistantly bombarded with these kinds of stories over a period of time it is pretty likely that we would become less and less effected by them. What we need is MORE news coverage world-wide.

Being desensitized to it doesn't sound too good imo, though. I mean, just because something happens all the time doesn't mean it shouldn't be appalling.